DW6900, GW6900 ...?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Boone

Thread: DW6900, GW6900 ...?

DW6900, GW6900 ...?

Why are the majority of 6900's still made with the DW display? When the GW is the proper futuristic and superior way to go! For me the upper dials of the DW make me think of the pointless flashy lights in StarTrek on their computers.

Re: DW6900, GW6900 ...?

Cost and the fact that not everyone is in range of a transmitter.

But the worst is the plastic buckle on the DW6900-1V. Cheap $9 Walmart watches have metal buckles. But somehow the 6900 series is still my favorite.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

3 eyes. Your name is very fitting for discussing the 6900. I picked up a GW recently and am enjoying it more than expected.
    liwang22 and nigelw like this.
    "When as a child I laughed and wept, time crept. When as a youth I waxed more bold, time strolled. When I became a full-grown man, time RAN. When older still I daily grew, time FLEW. Soon I shall find, in passing on, time gone. O Christ! wilt Thou have saved me then? Amen." - Henry Twells

Seiko Tuna SBBN035 | Tag Heuer Professional 2000 | Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2110

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Eyes View Post
    When the GW is the proper futuristic and superior way to go! For me the upper dials of the DW make me think of the pointless flashy lights in StarTrek on their computers.
    As far as I'm concerned, one of the three upper dials on the GW is STILL essentially "pointless, flashy lights." On the other two dials, they've just replaced the "flashy lights" with "a differently colored light that actually means something when it's on or off," so they're still not exactly on the cutting edge of "futuristic."

(I also have more GW-6900's than any other model in my collection, and they're my most-often worn watches! I actually like the "on/off pie wedges" for the charge level, alarm, and other indicators since I find them easier to "read" than microscopic LCD text elsewhere on the display.)

I just received my first GW-6900-1 this afternoon from the "Mail lady" or "Mail Person" if you prefer. It arrived on high, but it's been soaking up bright sunny rays all day. I will let it soak a little more tomorrow before the rain comes.

It has a good feel to it and the strap is super comfy although compared to my DW-6900, not quite as much. BTW, the black plastic buckle does not bother me at all. I've learned to ignore the 3 eyes on the DW.

To answer the OP's original question; I feel the DW is still made because functionally, it is all most folks need, and it is likely super cheap to produce.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

I am really considering buying the All White atomic Gw6900 with the red face. (love at first sight!) ..Possibly next pay check, it will be a good spring treat for myself. I don't always buy watches; but when I do, I buy G-Shock After taking my wife out for dinner.

Very nice TBone! There's something magical about these 6900's ...gotta have 'em all! ;)

Thread Information