Dw8500

Thread: Dw8500

Dw8500

I reached into the shoebox I keep under my bed which houses some "lesser" G-Shocks usually purchased between five and ten years ago. I came across a DW8500 ("Codename"?), gray bezel, black buttons, red "G" on the top button, with a light gray/green resin band that is supposed to simulate a canvas or nylon texture.

I strapped it on and wore it around town today. As I looked at it, I realized that its bezel and covered buttons were either identical to my DW 8400 Mudman watches or, at least, were pretty damn close. I love that bezel; it was like finding another Mudman! Module is slightly different, though, instead of a countdown timer, there is a series of screens for ID information. (I can't say I find that a particularly useful feature. I KNOW my name, blood type, etc. And no one who finds me unconscious on the street is going to think to look for vital info on my G-Shock.)

Anyone else have an 8500? What do folks think?

Re: Dw8500

Really nice watch, i prefer the band to the 8400 too, seems more comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

it's really nice watch.I was looking for it but i couldn't it in the store and i decide to buy the G9000 mudman.Do you think that G9000 is more better than DW8500?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Dw8500

Hi Kronos,

Although the lack of usefull features for me, I love this watch. I like the Mudresist case, which actually makes the watch look like the clasic Mudman.

The strap is indeed better. I wear my watches pretty snug. The Mudman starps have those ventilations ribs that after a couple of days irritate my wrist.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

does anyone have or know where to find a spare bezel for the black DW8500?

i've destroyed mine and it is literally falling off.

Does a classic DW-8400 Mudman bezel not fit too? The DW_8500 is not produced in large numbers and is pretty old. Mudman bezels are still available from time to time.

Kind regards,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

sjors!

i haven't tried the DW8400 yet. i tried to order the bezel for the DW8500, but it's long OOS.

today i tried to get the G9000-1V bezel to do a murdered mod on a G9000-3V, but it's 3-5 weeks back order from casio, alas i ordered it and the band anyway.

tomorrow i will call them again and try to order the bezel for the black DW8400 mud and see where that gets me.

i love this DW8500 and have had it forever (gift from dad years ago), i need to restore it to like new condition.

i've never seen a g shock bezel crumble apart like this 8500 and i'm slightly disappointed.

thanX!

Quote Originally Posted by codename View Post
    i've never seen a g shock bezel crumble apart like this 8500 and i'm slightly disappointed.
    A fact of life, I'm afraid. Bezels and straps have a finite life, as a search using the term 'resin rot' will confirm. Disappointing yes, but not unexpected.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    A fact of life, I'm afraid. Bezels and straps have a finite life, as a search using the term 'resin rot' will confirm. Disappointing yes, but not unexpected.
    i suppose that makes sense. had i known i probably would have taken better care of it, but it's a g shock... who would have thought. and i'll tell you i really put this watch through the ringer over the past few years. and i only wear it at work (in an intensive care unit).

here's another thing just a week ago it started acting like the battery was going out. the display would disappear when the light button was pressed, and then the info would change until it froze to where it is now. i'm hoping a new battery will resolve this issue.

i finally got the pics ready for posting.

those are some great battle scars!!!

Thread Information