DW9000 band on DW5600E

Thread: DW9000 band on DW5600E

DW9000 band on DW5600E

Hi, guys! First of all, I'd like to say that this place is amazing and I already got a lot of information about g shock watches, thanks to WUS. There is one thing I'd like to ask you guys though. I want to get myself the dw5600e or g5600e but the strap doesn't seem to suit my taste. The DW5600ms strap on the other hand looks great. The only problem is that it's only available on casiosalesandservice.com but it's more expensive than bands on pacparts. I looked for an alternative and here is the thing - I found the DW9000/DW9052 band which looks almost identical to the one that comes with DW5600ms. Here comes the question: has anyone tried to attach the DW9000 strap to DW5600e??

Re: DW9000 band on DW5600E

The DW-9000/9052 strap will fit the DW-5600 no problem.

However, the DW-9000 strap is aslo known as a "simple" strap as it doesn't have extended notches like the DW-5600MS strap that hold it securely to the caseback and lugs. The standard DW-9000 strap moves freely around the springbars and is known to cause a watch 'slippage' around the wrist while worn.

If you can spare few extra $$ for a DW-5600MS strap, by all means go for that one, it is definitely worth the expenditure. Also it comes with the IP plated black buckle, a bonus in my books

Moderator G-Shock Forum

While the DW-9000 strap is fitting into the 5600e lug, its not looking "right".
    There is a gap between watch and strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That was fast! Thanks for the replies.
    I guess I'm gonna go for the 5600ms band. A while ago I also found another strap which is the same version so there won't be any problem with the watch slipping of my wrist. Here is the link: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=290615 . I guess the only country to get it is Japan and therefore I wanted to ask for Japanese websites that could supply me with such a band.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by taling hallenthur View Post
    That was fast! Thanks for the replies.
    I guess I'm gonna go for the 5600ms band. A while ago I also found another strap which is the same version so there won't be any problem with the watch slipping of my wrist. Here is the link: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=290615 . I guess the only country to get it is Japan and therefore I wanted to ask for Japanese websites that could supply me with such a band.

There is another DW-6900 model with the broad strap, the DW-6900E:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/wat.../dw-6900e-1er/

Its available in europe and probably in other countries too.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    There is another DW-6900 model with the broad strap, the DW-6900E:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/wat.../dw-6900e-1er/

Its available in europe and probably in other countries too.
    True, but getting the strap as a spare for this model would be a major pain. I've talked some time ago to a Swiss WUS member to inquire about the black and blue straps from these watches thru Casio Europe service...no joy

I spoke to Casio UK's parts department a little while ago, and having read about forum members in other countries dealings with Casio wasn't hopeful.

As it turned out they were incredibly helpful, and only slightly more expensive than waiting for stuff to be shipped from overseas. It's worth giving them a go before paying through the nose to get stuff sent over from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post
    True, but getting the strap as a spare for this model would be a major pain. I've talked some time ago to a Swiss WUS member to inquire about the black and blue straps from these watches thru Casio Europe service...no joy
    'I never done it'

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I spoke to Casio UK's parts department a little while ago, and having read about forum members in other countries dealings with Casio wasn't hopeful.

As it turned out they were incredibly helpful, and only slightly more expensive than waiting for stuff to be shipped from overseas. It's worth giving them a go before paying through the nose to get stuff sent over from Japan.
    Agree.
    The straps d2mac and I are refering to in particular belong to two DW-6900E models released exclusively in Europe, and mainly available in Germany.
    For other standard bits and parts for Internationaly released models I normaly refer to my local Casio service, they're quite good actualy.

Yahoo Japan is another great place to source hard to find spare parts, but getting them on their own is quite expensive once you add fees/taxes/shipping, so I tend to buy them as part of a bigger combined shipment together with G-shock watches from Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post

I wrote to them a couple of weeks ago and the only thing they told me was to contact polish retailer.

As far as I remember the only way to contact Casio UK was thru writing an enquiry or something thru their website. Don't they have a regular email address or something??

Thread Information