• 4 Post By Chrisek
  • 1 Post By Drop of a Hat

Thread: DW9000XS, not my best looking watch

DW9000XS, not my best looking watch

First let me start with the watch itself:

Name:  Watch face.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  449.8 KB

"Eeeewwwww, seafoam not saving that puppy." You are correct and it was my initial impression as well. And just to show it is uniform, here is the whole watch:

Name:  Watch laid out.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  551.2 KB

"Wow, what color are you gonna dye it?". That was my originaly intention with this purchase, and to try the strap out (I'll get to that in a minute). Once again, I found out I don't know everything (I'm getting the idea I will feel like that my entire life). Ready for the crazy part? Casio MEANT to do that! Here is the stock photo (swiped from elsewhere on this forum ironically):

Name:  DW-9000XS-9T.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  85.6 KB

Yup, the DW-9000XS-9T in all it's glory. Technically it is my first yellow watch (color code 9), but I'm not giving it that credit. So when I purchased it I thought I was getting a yellowed out jelly that would be fun to try out. Interesting design and interesting strap, and possibly a fun RIT project.

Name:  Endless Strap.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  542.7 KB

There is the strap in all it's glory. My 2nd one of this style (I don't know what you call it) but it does have some interesting features. Starting with the buckle.

Name:  Buckle in use.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  330.6 KB

And here it is by itself:

Name:  Buckle.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  450.7 KB

Just different from my other watches. Not necessarily any better. See further up the strap how it goes from Grey to Yellow? It looks like it is actually different pieces (3?) mmmmmmelded together. On the inside of the strap there is some cool texturing:

Name:  Inlaid strap.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  511.6 KB

See what I mean? Even the adaptors are transulecent:

Name:  Caseback.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  355.4 KB

Casio also went big with the G's. Got two on the strap. One in the middle (to center on the case back?):

Name:  center of strap.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  327.0 KB

And one more on the end

Name:  Strap end.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  425.3 KB

When I realized I didn't care to get into the dye-project (and the multi-colored stove top my wife is definitely against in no un-certain terms, just ask her ) I lost use/need for this watch. Until today. Was going to head to the beach and was trying to decide which one to wear. Landed on his one. It is my perfect "I don't care" watch. Unassuming, not of huge value to me, and interesting enough.

The module itself is the pretty basic 1627 nothing crazy. I don't know if Casio has ever used this color since this (or before for that matter) but it sure fooled me, and everyone else I'm sure.

If you have big wrists, this may be one to consider. I have about 7.5" wrists and have 5 holes left on the strap. Don't worry, they made this watch in other colors too. So you 8+"ers out there
    Last edited by Chrisek; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:46.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: DW9000XS, not my best looking watch

Had that exact model in a seafoam green. Gave it to a friend here on the forum. Sweet watches and uber comfortable.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Chrisek likes this.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Thread Information