DW9900MD pick up, but adjust button not working any recommendations? PIC HEAVY
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fer Guzman
  • 1 Post By MDPlatts
  • 1 Post By xevious

Thread: DW9900MD pick up, but adjust button not working any recommendations? PIC HEAVY

DW9900MD pick up, but adjust button not working any recommendations? PIC HEAVY

Just got this today, my first frogman. I really wanted an atomic but based on suggestion from here, thanks for that, I decided to get this was since it was smaller. I really like the watch, the problem is the adjust button is not working :(. Looks new so any suggestions as to what it may be or should I just return it?

Name:  IMG_1870.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  218.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1873.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  189.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1878.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  154.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1883.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  152.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1885.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  157.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1880.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  195.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1876.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  180.6 KB
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; June 26th, 2012 at 20:11.
    FLCx413 likes this.

Re: DW9900MD pick up, but adjust button not working any recommendations? PIC HEAVY

Probably someone replaced the battery and the module isnt quite rotated correctly or the pusher was "in" when the module was put back in. I have the "D" button not working on my WCCS 9900 - which only means I can't turn DST on/off - and probably its used for some diving functions too but not being a diver its not bothering me.
    Fer Guzman likes this.

Re: DW9900MD pick up, but adjust button not working any recommendations? PIC HEAVY

If the button is misaligned it should not bounce back once pressed but stay stuck. Have you pressed it long enough? There's a delay of about 2 sec I think before the digits start flashing - unlike the DW-8200 on which (if I remember correctly) the digits start flashing instantly when you press the ADJ button.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I took it to a watch place and they were able to fix it :) . He said the button was stuck and the seller offered to pay my costs so awesome ending. Sedi: thanks for recommending the model and for the review on your website (it was from 2008 haha) it was helpful. Thanks to everyone else who recommended this size frogman, the size is perfect and although I realllllly wanted an atomic frog if it was too massive I would not have worn it, this one I will.

Too bad there is no spare parts but I will worry about that in 20 years or so.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Nice choice there, FG. I'm glad you got the issue straightened out. Usually with button malfunctions, most of the time it's due to a misalignment of the module. Yeah, parts are hard to come by so take care of that resin!
    Fer Guzman likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    Sedi: thanks for recommending the model and for the review on your website (it was from 2008 haha) it was helpful.
    I don't have a website - or did you mean my review here? I just got my DW-9900 a few weeks ago.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I don't have a website - or did you mean my review here? I just got my DW-9900 a few weeks ago.

cheers, Sedi
    haha I confused you with Sjors there for a bit, I apologize. Yes, I did mean the review though and the suggestions when I posted the question about a small frogman. Once I saw your review I looked one up on ebay found this blue one, liked it and, then I found a review by Sjors on this model. As you said, it is very comfortable and for my wrist size perfect.

Congrats! Always liked this watch a lot

Yeah congrats. Love the 9900 Frog.

Mine is probably the nicest looking of all my Gs in fact.

Name:  Picture 088.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  561.1 KB

Thread Information