DWD5600P-1D Just got me one!!!!!!!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Spuggs
  • 1 Post By jtaka1
  • 1 Post By jtaka1
  • 1 Post By Southpaw1925

Thread: DWD5600P-1D Just got me one!!!!!!!

DWD5600P-1D Just got me one!!!!!!!

I admittedly LOVE G Shock and have developed a deep admiration for the 5600's. I came across the DWD5600P-1D after wanting to see what other options were avail. after having bought the DWD5600P-8 and love the size of the digits and clarity of the display.

Name:  IMG_0056.JPG
Views: 579
Size:  103.6 KB

Argh. Slightly blurry. This has easily become one of my top 3 favourite G's. Anyone else here have one? Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Spuggs; September 15th, 2015 at 20:10.

Re: DWD5600P-1D Just got me one!!!!!!!

That is nice. Did you have to get it from Rakuten? I had one for a short time but the negative lcd was not my thing. I sold it on to a member who gave it to his son and from what I hear the boy has not taken it off since.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

I bought it through Amazon. Shipped from Japan. You had one for a while? I hear you with the LCD, sure it's a little harder to see, but the bigger characters and the colour seem so much better than my DW5600MS-1. I'm still fond of my G5600E though. But this is going to get mad wrist time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wearing mine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    alexs12 likes this.

jtaka1 nice. How long have you had yours? How do you rate it compared to other 5600 series watches?

I have had it for about a month now. Only wore it a few times due to the negative display. I should know by now though. I've had the neg. 5600ms, GW7900, and GD350. The only one that had a good display was the GD350, but I sold it because it was a little too big. I keep trying because I think the negative display definitely looks cooler than the positive, and I think this 5600 is one of the best looking with the bull bars and clean monochrome aesthetics.
    This one has a pretty good negative display, but still not the easiest to see. Driving to work this morning with my sunglasses on, I had to tilt my watch and bring it closer to my face to see the time.
    I hope you enjoy yours though.
    domoon likes this.

Thanks for your impression jtaka1. I have to agree with the negative display readability. I rarely wear my 5600MS, 6900MS, GD120 (which is the worst) or GDX 6900 (although it has the same colour tone to the digits as DWD. I love the look but sometimes a person needs to see the time quickly. When traveling the G5600E is likely going to continue to be my go-to. But damn, I love the look of this watch. It actually looks elegant despite being a digital.

When you had yours, how did you find the band? It seems either to loose or just a little to snug for me. I prefer it snug but not quite as snug as it seems, so I have to settle for it a bit looser than I like.

Anyone put on a composite band?

Congrats!

I really dig your watch esp the bull bars! I was contemplating between yours and the one below. But I wanted in solar and atomic so the one below is mine. But still, your watch is sick !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Piowa likes this.

Thread Information