Dye Mudman advice

Thread: Dye Mudman advice

Dye Mudman advice

Hello all, I am fairly, or I should say very new to the G Shock addiction. Coming from mechanical swiss to Citizen / Seiko, I just kick myself from not trying this before, I lived in Japan for 8 years and didn't even look at the G's...

My compliments to a fantastic forum, lot of knowledge and "tone" that many others could learn from. Anyway, I need some advice. I just got a g9000 Mudman, the regular one with the red buttons. Like the watch, but the buttons has to go. The questions is, if I dye the bezel and strap, will it change to a different black? Will the grey text be gone (hope not, I like it)? Or, is there anyway to selectively dye?

Any advice or insight are most welcome.

Best regards / Peter

Re: Dye Mudman advice

Quote Originally Posted by stoltp View Post
    The questions is, if I dye the bezel and strap, will it change to a different black? Will the grey text be gone (hope not, I like it)? Or, is there anyway to selectively dye?

Any advice or insight are most welcome.

Best regards / Peter
    Hey Peter, welcome! Many people have dyed their G9000's to get rid of the red buttons. In a few cases I've seen it's tough to match up the black, although it shouldn't effect the lettering that much. If it were me, I'd probably just order a bezel for a GW-9000 and call it a day since I'm pretty sure they are interchangeable. However, if you are going to go the dye route, I'd probably throw the band in as well just so they match. Just my $.02.

Good luck!
    Chris
    ---

Thank you for both the welcome and advice, I agree, makes more sense to just switch. Where can I get a gw9000 bezel? Thanks

Peter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Where can I get a gw9000 bezel? Thanks
    Your local Casio service centre will have them, or will be able to order them. You can find the contact details on the Casio website.

And welcome!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thank you for both the welcome and advice, I agree, makes more sense to just switch. Where can I get a gw9000 bezel? Thanks

Peter
    1-800-223-2001 is the number for Casio Parts USA. Just ask for the bezel for model number GW-9000. If you want a spare band or parts for any other G, I'd go ahead and order it too just b/c the shipping is a flat $4.95. I can't seem to find it on the pacparts.com website, but I'm fairly sure they should still have them since it's a current model (and it shouldn't be too expensive).
    Chris
    ---

Here is a link to a thread that shows you the step by step way to dye the red buttons black.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ons+dyed+black

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Here is a link to a thread that shows you the step by step way to dye the red buttons black.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ons+dyed+black
    Wow, that turned out really well. I guess it's up to you to decide if you want to go through the process to dye it / repaint it, Pete... The whole dyeing / repainting thing is easier than it looks... so don't be afraid to go that route either.

Worse comes to worse you can always buy the GW9000 bezel later if you don't like how it turns out.
    Chris
    ---

Thanks to everyone for the answers and advice. Will probably try the dye route this weekend (how I ever agreed to move to Minnesota... blizzard right now, is beyond me). I will post some pictures once done.

Peter

Thread Information