Dye You G-Shock Dye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ChromeJaw

Thread: Dye You G-Shock Dye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dye You G-Shock Dye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so sick of the RED on my GX-56 so i made it DYE.It was a King G with the red buttons and red gel insides so I used some dye and it worked out great I wiil be doing this on alot more to make them more fitting for myself. F#(k you you damn G-Shock. Now i feel better its all blacked out. Please show your dye projects if you have some!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chrisek and Tom2.0 like this.

Re: Dye You G-Shock Dye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks great, I'd do something about the letters "protection" and "gshock" on the bezel before the dye though

Asking to see dyed G Shocks in this forum is dangerous. I alone would nearly kill the server! ;)
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did this exact same thing a few years back.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gx-...ut-482425.html

I've sold it now to a fellow WUS'er. I just wasn't wearing it enough but he apparently loves it and wears it all the time.

Good job on your Dye-Job :)
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition

I will have to see if I can post some picturse later of my blue MTG900. The strap broke, and I didn't have the $50 to replace the metal band, so I picked up the GW-500 black resin band so I could get it back on my wrist where it belongs. Most of the gray metallic paint which was originally on the inner bezel had worn off, so I took the old Goof Off to the bezel and finished removign the paint. Then I dunked the bezel in some blue dye I had for dying leather and let it sit for a while. While the inner bezel was soaking in the dye, I removed the black paint from the metal outer bezel and painted the lettering with the only blue paint I found lying around, which happened to be a nice metallic blue. The end result turned out Ok. I think the years of wear and tear on the bezel caused some of it to look turn out with a matte finish while some of it looks polished. Other than this small issue, I really think it turned out well for my first homemade custom.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, but it was all I could get. This is the slightly modified version of my MTG-900. The metal band had broken multiple times and the pins were all getting loose so I opted for the black resin band as a replacement. While I had things already somewhat apart, I removed the rubber bezel and soaked it in some blue leather dye. While the bezel was dying, I removed the black paint from the metal bezel and repainted the letters a metallic blue just to tie things together. I think is turned out alright. Nothing spectacular, but it's not something I'm going to see anyone else wearing either.
    Name:  IMG_20121212_050818_362.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  184.2 KBName:  IMG_20121212_051017_513.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  191.1 KB
    Last edited by joker75; December 27th, 2012 at 01:52. Reason: Added information.

Thread Information