Dyeing a DW6900NB-7

Thread: Dyeing a DW6900NB-7

Dyeing a DW6900NB-7

Hello everyone I've been a lurker for awhile. I have read most of the threads (or at least the ones I've found) concerning dyeing G-shocks. I really like the excellent thread on stealthing a DW-6900MC-7A, unfortunately I can't find one to stealth. I read in other threads that dyeing gloss G-shocks doesn't work very well? My questions are Is the DW6900NB-7 glossy or matt finish? And has anyone dyed a DW6900NB-7 black? If anyone has, what were your results? Does anyone have pictures of a black, stealthed DW6900NB-7. If the DW6900NB-7 isn't an ideal option, can anyone suggest other dw6900's that would work as a stealthing option?
    Thanks in advance

Re: Dyeing a DW6900NB-7

I don't own any dw-6900

if you want stealth, why not buy the black resins for the G instead ? and someone in here will be gladly buying the white resins from you (if the price is reasonable)

I have dyed glossy before, it does take dye, but not well, maybe it won't be as black as you want - maybe you need to double the dye and turn the temp. hotter ???
    Last edited by G-fob; September 25th, 2012 at 03:10.

glossy finish, long time ago was "most wanted",try another model, Eminem G Shock its fine the way it is.
    DW-003,DW-004,DW 5600, DW 6100 (LUCIANO EDITION),DW 6900: MS/EMINEM, G-2110, G 7301, G 7800, G 7710-RL,MUDMAN KTM,GULFMAN MIRO, MUDMAN SCORPION, GA 100: DARK NIGHT/BUMBLEBEE, GDF 100, RISEMAN, THE KING, G 2500, G 2600,DW 9052, DW 6600, FROGMAN POSITIVE YELLOW, COCKPIT G 1010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yeah, the dw6900nb-7 is glossy, notice how the finish is shiny. The matte g-shocks are what you want to dye, they're the 'flat' non-glossy ones.

I wouldnt bother trying to dye the gloss finish Gs the gloss peels off like a lacquer after time, like my girfriends baby G did. I had a go at dying a white 25th aniversary strap and bezel orange which went well, i used the entire contents of dye doing so and it looked great but i suspect the colour is fading slightly. i dyed it 4 or 5 months ago with minimal wrist time. I think i will give it another go at dying the resin at some point.
    The 25th anniversary resin had a special coating on (not gloss finish) to prevent stains or discolouration from dirt or clothes dye, resulting in hard to dye resin on the exposed parts. But the other mat finish coloured resins should dye perfect especially in black.

The DW6900FS-8 is the best 6900 of choice for those who want to dye, it has a matte finish.

It's still widely available and you can get bezels and bands quite easily, just not off ebay as they are wise to this and the bezel and band prices for the FS-8 are much higher on ebay. The only downside of this model is the white light button, I have found that different colour light buttons are quite easy to obtain at PacParts so you could get one to match your finished colour scheme.

Many dealers, like for example Casio sales and service, Tiktox or (on the bay) vbeme or tolucawatchco will provide black resin at a good price, so if it isn´t for the modding itself, turning the G black can be done quite easily. Afterwards you can keep the white resin as backup or sell it (here or on the bay). Maybe you can find someone to trade white for black here?!

Dyeing glossy parts just doesn´t work.

Thread Information