Dyeing an ICERC clear resin fisherman.... advice pls...

Thread: Dyeing an ICERC clear resin fisherman.... advice pls...

Dyeing an ICERC clear resin fisherman.... advice pls...

​farmer ken.....

Re: Dyeing an ICERC clear resin fisherman.... advice pls...

advice pls...
    Do it.

What color are you thinking? Pay attention to the button color and the face of the watch. E.g., if the buttons are white and you dye black, it might look odd (or cool, I don't know).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    What color are you thinking? Pay attention to the button color and the face of the watch. E.g., if the buttons are white and you dye black, it might look odd (or cool, I don't know).
    hi kung-fusion, i m dye'ing the ICERC fisherman i just ebayed from u... what a coincidence... i want to do a gray smoke ... sort of like the men in smoke look but am not sure if it will work on the clear case... dont want it to be opaque... any thoughts ?
    ​farmer ken.....

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer KEn View Post
    hi kung-fusion, i m dye'ing the ICERC fisherman i just ebayed from u... what a coincidence... i want to do a gray smoke ... sort of like the men in smoke look but am not sure if it will work on the clear case... dont want it to be opaque... any thoughts ?
    The first mod I ever did was to dye a clear jelly to look like a men in smoke model

I started with this:

and ended with this (after also painting the letters white)

I wrote about it in this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...-c-484662.html

Go easy on the amount of dye you use, or it will go too dark too fast

nice job ... i ordered a RIT black liquid dye.. on the website it says to use 1/4 tbs of black dye with 1 cup of water to do a light gray... is it necessary to mix it with a tael?? might have to go less on the dye... dont want it looking too dark..

I also have another fisherman.. the old DW8600 and was wondering if I dipped it in all black will it give the watch a new matte black look. planning on stealthing it first to get a hang of the process before i do the ICERC clear resin one...
    ​farmer ken.....

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer KEn View Post
    nice job ... i ordered a RIT black liquid dye.. on the website it says to use 1/4 tbs of black dye with 1 cup of water to do a light gray... is it necessary to mix it with a tael?? might have to go less on the dye... dont want it looking too dark..

I also have another fisherman.. the old DW8600 and was wondering if I dipped it in all black will it give the watch a new matte black look. planning on stealthing it first to get a hang of the process before i do the ICERC clear resin one...

Remember, RIT is designed for dying fabrics, not resins, so anything the directions say is meaningless. You will want to use a very small amount of dye to start and see what happens. Factors include type of resin, amount of dye, type of dye, heat of water, amount of salt (if any) added to the water, and of course time spent in the water. Oh, and some parts (especially the keeper) will melt if the pan is too hot and they are sitting on the bottom. I've found just under boiling temp is best. And NEVER let the keeper touch the bottom of the pan.
    Last edited by kung-fusion; December 5th, 2011 at 05:54.

thanks ... will let u know how it goes
    ​farmer ken.....

Thread Information