Early MRG digital watches -- metal bracelet compatibility
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Early MRG digital watches -- metal bracelet compatibility

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Question Early MRG digital watches -- metal bracelet compatibility

I have an MRG-220 that came with a bracelet that luckily just manages to fit my wrist... but there's no play in it. If my wrist expands slightly, I feel the tightness of the watch. So I'm on the lookout for a spare bracelet link, which is looking a bit stark.

In looking over photos of various models, it looks like some of them utilized similar bands so that links would be compatible (such as MRG-100, MRG-110, and MRG-120--PHOTO). I've not yet found what would work for the MRG-220. If anyone knows, please let me know. There's supposedly an aftermarket SS band made for Rolex that has links which work for the MRG-1xx series, but doesn't look like it'll work for the MRG-220.

Here's what the watch looks like:

Interestingly, the MRG-220 seems to have had 2 different modules. One is on the left, and mine is on the right. Notice the position of the digits. Weird.

Thanks for any help!!
    Last edited by xevious; January 10th, 2016 at 00:11.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Re: Early MRG digital watches -- metal bracelet compatibility

In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Anybody here ever use a bracelet or clasp/buckle extender on an MRG bracelet? I recently learned about these interesting little devices. With one of them, it's a sleeve that fits into the clasp and provides an extended set of pinholes so that your band can expand a little. Another looks like it rides in position between the clasp and the first link (but that looks like it's trickier to find a proper fit).

I've seen photos of some people using these on vintage timepieces where they are discontinued and bracelet parts impossible to source. One was an Omega digital watch. But it had a rather conventionally shaped clasp. I've not been able to source a spare link for my MRG-220, so I'm hoping this will do the trick. I only need like 2~4mm to provide a little breathing room.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What up yo! Hope you're well. Pac parts actually had some old mrg bracelets available, very expensive though. Not sure for which one of the old mrg models. Really cool watch !

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    What up yo! Hope you're well. Pac parts actually had some old mrg bracelets available, very expensive though. Not sure for which one of the old mrg models. Really cool watch !
    Hey Fer -- doing alright, hope you're doing fine. Yep, I checked with PacParts and also CASIO Europe, but none were to be found.

I'm thankful I can actually wear the watch, but it's just at times a little too snug. Did you keep up with your 2 watch maximum or add anything recently?

Did this with my MR-G 1100 which I regrettably sold. Had to get creative to get it to work. Everything fit perfectly with no play. Hardest part was finding matching titanium links to fit the original bracelet and also fit the seiko titanium clasp as the bracelet design of the original bracelet was not standard and would not fit most clasps. Was a stellar combo as it balanced the watch out well added multiple micro adjust holes and a ratcheting clasp. Good luck.
    Name:  IMG_1989.JPG
Views: 333
Size:  1.00 MBName:  IMG_1987.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  1.22 MB

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Anybody here ever use a bracelet or clasp/buckle extender on an MRG bracelet? I recently learned about these interesting little devices. With one of them, it's a sleeve that fits into the clasp and provides an extended set of pinholes so that your band can expand a little. Another looks like it rides in position between the clasp and the first link (but that looks like it's trickier to find a proper fit).

I've seen photos of some people using these on vintage timepieces where they are discontinued and bracelet parts impossible to source. One was an Omega digital watch. But it had a rather conventionally shaped clasp. I've not been able to source a spare link for my MRG-220, so I'm hoping this will do the trick. I only need like 2~4mm to provide a little breathing room.

I managed to find my stockpile of spare MR-G links (something I paid a hefty sum for back in the day when I was your situation). I cannot recall if any of these are for your watch as it has been a long while since I owned an MR-G 220. Send me a PM if you think any of these links may be of use.

Name:  IMG_3909.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  1.35 MBName:  IMG_3910.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  1.60 MB

What are the exact measurements - outside and inside- of the links in the bracelet? I can check versus any of the spares that I have.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll check the dimensions on my MRG-220 links and hopefully there's a possible match.

OK, here they are:
    Length (bracelet outer edge to outer edge) - red - 17mm
    Width (link opening "U" end to link connector end) - blue - 12mm
    Opening (link "U" opening for link connector) - green - 9mm

Last edited by xevious; February 12th, 2016 at 07:39.

Here are the measurements that I got
    Blue- 13.72mm
    Red 17.06 mm
    Green- 10.07 mm

Used a digital vernier caliper to get these.

Looks like it would work if this part weren't so big (as it needs to fit into the 9mm green space that you measured. What do you think? Could you double check your measurements for the green line? Maybe (hopefully) its 10mm lol.

Name:  IMG_3961[1].JPG
Views: 282
Size:  1.33 MB

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll check the dimensions on my MRG-220 links and hopefully there's a possible match.

OK, here they are:
    Length (bracelet outer edge to outer edge) - red - 17mm
    Width (link opening "U" end to link connector end) - blue - 12mm
    Opening (link "U" opening for link connector) - green - 9mm

Last edited by Degr8n8; February 15th, 2016 at 19:34. Reason: incorrect numbers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information