Earth tone/military colors Riseman
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Earth tone/military colors Riseman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Earth tone/military colors Riseman

This model seems to be getting less love than the Muddie and Frog. Why do you think? Is it the size?

Re: Earth tone/military colors Riseman

It could be several things, size being one of them. The Riseman's case design dates to 2008, which was before the XL case craze. Some folks never have warmed to its looks either, citing the odd sensor cylinder through the middle of the watch and some "shadows" cast down by some of the resin bits in the top right portion of the display. For me, another issue is due to its limited availability it is priced a lot higher than the standard model and has less features too. I have the GW9200 standard model, which has atomic receiving abilities while the G9200ER does not... however the ER model is a lot more expensive. If I really wanted the atomic feature I've got to get the Japan model, GW-9200ERJ. But that one ONLY displays metric units, and is even more expensive. I keep thinking if I were to spend that much I might as well get the Japan model... it is a really nice colorway.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Personally I simply find the colour combination of the riseman totally improper. Don't get me wrong, I usually like earth and military tones very much but in this specific case the colours just do not fit - for me anyway. The riseman has to date one of the best shapes and designs I have ever seen on any G with a very distinguished Sci-Fi look, that in my opinion is unrivaled. And with the all-black stealth models (6 band atomic) available for even less money, I definitely can't see much of a market for the earth tone model.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Personally I simply find the colour combination of the riseman totally improper. Don't get me wrong, I usually like earth and military tones very much but in this specific case the colours just do not fit - for me anyway. The riseman has to date one of the best shapes and designs I have ever seen on any G with a very distinguished Sci-Fi look, that in my opinion is unrivaled. And with the all-black stealth models (6 band atomic) available for even less money, I definitely can't see much of a market for the earth tone model.

cheers
    ^ wot he said. Garish Black for me.

Plus the std GW is £125 on amazon UK to prove Cal's point.

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Agreed with cal.45 and andrew. Have smoky grey and don't see switching to earth tones on that model.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    The riseman has to date one of the best shapes and designs I have ever seen on any G with a very distinguished Sci-Fi look, that in my opinion is unrivaled.
    QFT

I love the sci-fi-esque design of the Riseman, with the Men In Ice White GW-9200PJ being the pinnacle IMO. The ER just doesn't tempt me at all, expensive or not!

I like the green tone of the GW9200ER. I've failed to like the Riseman in the past, probably due to the shiny silver G button. This color tone is not too calling attention and not too bored that I can wear. But the main reason I got this because I have the other Mudman and Frogman Earth tones. They create a variaty of color Gs that I want to collect. No offend but the garish black looks just like another black negative display G in my opinion.

where can i find the same?i prefer europe stores
    anyone?sjors?
    fortis marinemaster coin bezel
    fortis narinemaster chainsaw
    fortis flieger chrono
    fortis flieger
    gshock lrg
    gshock in4mation
    gshock zombie

Quote Originally Posted by agriniofc View Post
    where can i find the same?i prefer europe stores
    anyone?sjors?
    I bought it from Chino watch. GW-9200ERJ-3JF.GW-9110ER-2JF

Just pulled the trigger and ordered this one. Something about it I just couldn't pass it up! Will post pics when it arrives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information