eBay fraudulent lising: Mudmaster -1A sold as camo
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: eBay fraudulent lising: Mudmaster -1A sold as camo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

eBay fraudulent lising: Mudmaster -1A sold as camo

Clearly a modified -1A but listed as camo version DC-1A5 and priced as such.

Item Number is: 283396103379

I reported it.
    Davidka and memento_mori like this.

Re: eBay fraudulent lising: Mudmaster -1A sold as camo

I'm surprised by the lack of responses or interest, after all this is about preventing a fraud that is in the neighborhood of $1000.

In any event after reporting the item to eBay via the online function, I went ahead and contacted eBay over the phone as well.

My first surprise was that I got through and got to talk to a live person just within minutes. My next surprise was that the rep actually seemed to be very interested to take upon the case. I explained all details, got put on hold a few times but in the end the rep said that my report was filed and that eBay would take action within 24-48 hours.

The rep also told me that this seller already had 3x fraudulent reports, which was another surprise as the seller's profile shows no seller seller's feedback at all. I was told it take 5x fraudulent reports to have an account suspended, at least this is what I understood.

Let's hope that this scammer will not prevail.
    Cowboy Bebop likes this.

Good catch, I too was surprised the time I had to call them and was speaking to a rep in <1 minute

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yea found it strange how those are listed like they're original..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Interesting, he has now changed all the photos, and increased the price from what it was I believe.
    WES51 likes this.

Now appears to have gone...

Name:  now gone.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  98.7 KB
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

It still shows up for me. It shows that it ships to US, so it might not show up outside the US. Also yes, it appears that the pictures now have been changed.

Now the first picture that shows the face of the watch shows a real camo version. The last two pictures are unchanged and some others are deleted.
    Last edited by WES51; March 8th, 2019 at 16:07.
    StephenWatch likes this.

Yep, it's still up. So I used images.google.com and pulled the new picture of the real watch into it and searched. The new photo was originally used on a LETGO sale out of Midlothian, TX. He is based out of North Carolina. He just stole a photo of the real watch and used it in his auction. Piece of trash this guy is.
    https://us.letgo.com/en/i/rare-g-sho...4-d60433a4ebc7
    WES51 likes this.

I checked again with eBay and he is now apparently claiming that initially he only used stock photos and that he used the 'wrong' stock photos of the watch, which he claims to have corrected with a 'good' stock photo.

Still suspicious, because if he has a legit watch, then how come he does he not use a real picture of the actual watch for sale.

I also wonder if the other 2x images are his images of the actual watch or borrowed too (can be located with image search). Because if the 2x other images are part of a picture series of his actual watch, with the original 1st picture being updated with a picture that shows a correct stock photo, then that would only add to the fraud.

By changing the first picture to a correct stock photo, he may effectively prevent any possible new reporting, because let's face it, what can anyone report now? - I checked eBay's policy and if you sell a brand new item, you apparently can use stock photos of the item.

In any event, eBay may have now enough logged information, in case any buyer will complain. I just hope a buyer will notice the fraud quickly enough to be able to file a successful claim.

Moment of GOTCHA - it appeared to be a fraud attempt after all!

Seller now has apparently backed down from it original cheating-lying claims and listed the watch a Mudmaster in Camouflage.

Still getting it wrong with listing it as a limited -1A3 in camo (for a crazy price that he will never get), but at least no longer attempting a major fraud.

Mysteriously a black -1A band also appeared among his items for sale. Just as mysteriously, his apparently original picture series of the actual modified watch are listed again as well.

Let's see how this goes...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information