Ebay MRG - false condition

Thread: Ebay MRG - false condition

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Rocky555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,217

    Ebay MRG - false condition

    RARE VINTAGE CASIO G-SHOCK MR-G MRG-110 1569 HEAVY STEEL BAND FULLY FUNCTIONAL | eBay

    Just to warn you guys, this is not the original watch satin finish, it is obvious that it has been heavily refurbished and brushed. Also the caseback rubber shows signs of heavy use. Guy did a good job restoring the piece, but it doesn't have the original look.

    And I remember clearly this piece being sold few months ago, with same photos. I just don't know if it was from the same seller. Sure looks like it, but I am not 100% sure.

    Worst thing... they have already bidded it up to 152$

    This is what the original satin finish should look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Member Sibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    571

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    I am not the expert but I think the seller offers a MRG-110 (stainless steel) and your picture shows a MRG-110T (titanium). Stainless steel is also easier to polish, I guess.

  3. #3
    Member Rocky555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    Quote Originally Posted by Sibe View Post
    I am not the expert but I think the seller offers a MRG-110 (stainless steel) and your picture shows a MRG-110T (titanium). Stainless steel is also easier to polish, I guess.
    Like titanium, SS models also have original satin finish, and not brushed like on ebay auction.
    It is possible to restore satin finish to scratched piece, but it is not easy. And it is much easier to just brush the piece.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    7,352

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    I see nothing wrong with the listing. It is listed as pre-owned and he even states the bezel is "brushed".

  6. #5
    Member Rocky555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the listing. It is listed as pre-owned and he even states the bezel is "brushed".
    Yes it is, but many potential buyers probably don't know that finish is drastically different from the original finish. And many would probably no be happy to find out later that the original should look very different. I know I would.
    Maybe I misspeled the thread title, proper should be: MRG with non-original finish

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    7,352

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky555 View Post
    Yes it is, but many potential buyers probably don't know that finish is drastically different from the original finish. And many would probably no be happy to find out later that the original should look very different. I know I would.
    Maybe I misspeled the thread title, proper should be: MRG with non-original finish

    On the topic of MRG's, here is a reputable seller who is selling a fake MRG:

    RARE CASIO G SHOCK SILVER BLUE GW-1401 ANALOG WITH BLACK DIGITAL WATCH | eBay


    It's a fake Fisherman pretending to be an MRG, of all things

  8. #7
    Member Rocky555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    On the topic of MRG's, here is a reputable seller who is selling a fake MRG:

    RARE CASIO G SHOCK SILVER BLUE GW-1401 ANALOG WITH BLACK DIGITAL WATCH | eBay


    It's a fake Fisherman pretending to be an MRG, of all things
    But the second piece really is MRG, just not Casio watch

  9. #8
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,488

    Re: Ebay MRG - false condition

    That Cockpit (GW-1401) is real!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •