Ebay scam email

Thread: Ebay scam email

Off topic Ebay scam email

I just wanted to let everyone know there is a new ebay scam phishing email out there. I got it last night and it looked pretty legit. It would link you to my ebay and everything. It stated that my account would be suspend if i didn't verify my identity and give them my bank account numbers and atm pin number etc. Oh hell no. I sent it in the ebay but just wanted everyone to know to watch out for it.

Banned

Re: Ebay scam email

Hi there VP,

Thanks for the heads up. I got one a while back and sent it to their dept. that deals with spoof emails. A friend of mine who was kind of green about this kind of thing started to type in his info but realized about half way thru that he was about to get juked. They still got just enough of his info so he ended up having to change almost all of his personal info, bank and credit card stuff. It's always nice to hear about these kind of things going around. Thanks again for the warning :thanks .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Got the same email. Unfortunately for them, they sent it to the wrong email account.

1st tip.. If you're going to scam someone, do it right!

Quote Originally Posted by obie
    Got the same email. Unfortunately for them, they sent it to the wrong email account.

1st tip.. If you're going to scam someone, do it right!
    I got a similar mail claiming to be from paypal, asking me to confirm something.
    It's scary since the mail looks very legit.

Wink Re: Ebay scam email

Quote Originally Posted by obie
    The same for me, I get most of those Phishings on my G-Shock acount, which is not my private account for e-bay and Paypal. If you still don't trust it, close all browsers and then open one, go to eBay or Paypal and check if there are special messages. You will find the message after secure login too if it's real (which hardly is). I alays forward spoofs to their special adresses if I haven't seen one before.

I have a lot of spam, due to the e-mail adress open on my site. This morning only I had 26 e-mails (in 9 hours time), all of them spam.....

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thanks for notice.
    Every week got 2-3 this kind of fake email from paypal & ebay, so I must ignore all mail if named to "Dear Paypal user" or "Dear member" because officical ebay & paypal mail must be "Dear (user full name)".

Thread Information