edifice ecw-m300edb-1aer

Thread: edifice ecw-m300edb-1aer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

edifice ecw-m300edb-1aer

anyone has this watch can comment whether it's bracelet is comfortable and not another hair puller ? is there any way to switch off the atomic receiver ? i downloaded the manual and couldn't find anything on switching it off , so far cheapest i found is ebay and amazon uk which cost around 170gbp , anyone can recommend any online reliable shops that has better price ?

Re: edifice ecw-m300edb-1aer

I don't have this one but I have two other Edifice models with bracelets (EQW-M1000 and EQW-M500), the bracelets don't pull my wrist hairs at all. They are probably the most comfortable bracelet watches I have ever worn.

I leave atomic reception enabled all the time on both so I cannot advise on how to turn it off.
    Last edited by duncjam; September 25th, 2010 at 15:20.

Why do you want to disable auto receive? I looked at the manual and there doesn't appear to be a way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

maybe you can set the home town to a one which is too far away from signal reception and though the watch does not try to receive any signal (check the lists, I guess there are a few). And then you have to set the time manually. But this does not make much sense

Or let run the count down timer each night then there will no reception, too. But this does not make...

The atomic sync can't be turned off - you could just leave it in timer mode over night. Letting the timer run wouldn't be a good idea however - it only runs for 60min and if you got auto-repeat enabled it'll beep (very loudly) every hour this once happened by accident with my GW-2500 (has almost the same module) and it took a while till I figured out why I woke up every hour (the beep was already over when I woke up ).
    170gbp sounds like a very good price - will be hard to beat that I think.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

thanks for the info guys , reason i wanna turn it off is because i'm in singapore , unable to receive any signal .i did notice the manual has city code listed for singapore, but no mention on receiver being turn off if i select city which does not have signal, unlike my oceanus 510 which turn off receiver if i select code +8 and riseman can be turn off manually .
    edit :there's no country code for singapore , closest code is hong kong which has signal ...
    Last edited by rcaddict; September 26th, 2010 at 02:50.

Maybe you should take a look at the GIEZ GS-1050 then - it has the same functions but no atomic reception.

Edit: I just checked the manual - and there is a city code for Singapore. That has the same UTC offset as Bejing and Hong-Kong but if you select Singapore as your home city code than atomic reception should be disabled according to the manual. It's only enabled when choosing Hong-Kong or Bejing as home city code.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

i check through the manual module 5117 , page 1 did not show singapore as 1 of the possible home city but page 7 city code table does have singapore , hopefully the watch is just as you said , receiver will be auto off if set home city as singapore . thanks :)

Yes, page #1 lists the city codes in which auto receive is enabled - the last page lists all possible city codes that you can choose from - so you should be fine, believe me . Singapore as a city code disables auto receive. But to make absolutely sure I can check it on my GW-2500 which has the same module and post the result later.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

So, I made a little test and changed my home city to Singapore on the GW-2500 (like I said - it has the same module except that the subdial at '3' shows time in worldtime mode while on the ECW-M300 it shows the stopwatch minutes). Then I tried to do a manual receive - nothing happened - the watch doesn't go in sync mode with Singapore as home time zone. So - just go ahead and buy it .

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information