Edifice EQWM1100DC-1A2

Thread: Edifice EQWM1100DC-1A2

Edifice EQWM1100DC-1A2

What do people think of this watch and the 1/1000th second chrono? It seems hard to get ahold of under the $500 retail price. Anyone own this one?

Name:  edifice.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  61.4 KB
    Last edited by Shocker; August 11th, 2011 at 18:31.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Edifice EQWM1100DC-1A2

I think the watch looks superb and the 1/1000th second stopwatch is as silly as it gets - not to mention the 24 minutes(!!!) duration. A 1/10th second stopwatch with 24h duration is what I call useful.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Any watch with a 24 minute STW seems like an accident to me. It's not useful, it doesn't help anyone time anything much more exciting than an egg.

I'd guess that a horrible design mistake was noticed too close to the watch's release date, but Casio chose to go ahead with it anyway. 24 mins, instead of hours? That's too coincidental for me.

I agree with Cal - it's a good looking watch, but not what I'd spend my money on.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just ordered this watch simply to serve as wrist-candy. The intricate detail in all the dials is what draws me.
    Your mobile phone is not a substitute for a watch

Dumb question but does anyone know how to get the left dial on this watch to move while in timekeeping mode?

Subdial at 9 o'clock is the day indicator while in timekeeping mode. It doesn't move unless you switch modes, or during STW mode it spins for the first 30 seconds, I believe.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

It's a handsome Edifice, although there are newer ones that look more compelling to me...

But, I have to say, that when you see such a functional screw-up as a 1/1000th precision stopwatch with 24 minute maximum timing, it is such a failing that it makes it difficult to respect Edifice for spitting on logic design with such oblivious regard. Granted, I'll bet a good majority of people buying this watch may not even use the stopwatch, or if they do, not care that it is anemically limited to 24 minutes. But I don't think this is justification for allowing such a design of functionality to go out the door. Perhaps it was done just as a "see we can do it" sort of thing. A novelty of 1/1000th precision in analog form. I guess. Why else would they do it?

It will be interesting to find out if the Edifice chronograph models that followed have been improved in this respect.
    Last edited by xevious; March 15th, 2012 at 23:10.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information