Edifice vs. G-Shock Analog?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Edifice vs. G-Shock Analog?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Edifice vs. G-Shock Analog?

I am looking at Casio analogs, trying to find the one that breaks the ice and becomes my first Casio analog... and have started browsing the Edifice line lately.

Anyone have a preference of the Edifice line over the G-Shock when it comes to analogs? Is the G Shock inherently tougher, more shock resistant than the Edifice? Anything notable that sets them apart?
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

Re: Edifice vs. G-Shock Analog?

Quote Originally Posted by Time_Bandit_8 View Post
    Is the G Shock inherently tougher, more shock resistant than the Edifice? Anything notable that sets them apart?
    The G will take a lot more abuse and keep looking OK due to the recessed crystal. If Edifi had sapphire or recessed crystals I'd buy one.

The Edifice movements seem rugged (and some are available with Tough Mov't, which self-corrects after a shock, implying some shock resistance). I'm just so hard on a crystal that it can't be the highest part on my watch.

lvt

The G-shock are significantly lighter and bulkier, that's why they are tougher.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would go with the G Shock. Is there a particular model of each that you have in mind??? That would really help in the comparison.
    In my opinion, if you want tough with still a classy look then go with G Shock all day, but if you are looking for a dress watch and you will not be beating it up, the Edi's are very good watches.
    G SHOCK THE WORLDcharlies1122

Your price range could also be significant in your decision, but again, that depends on which models you are into.

Quote Originally Posted by charlies1122 View Post
    I would go with the G Shock. Is there a particular model of each that you have in mind??? That would really help in the comparison.
    Chas - see my sig line. Also had another post recently on just the G-Shock analogs. Not really needing help with any comparisons, I am fairly knowledgeable about the G analogs - it is just I rolled across the Edifice line recently and wanted an assessment of the bottom line differences from those that own both, sell both, or are just Casio geeks that know a lot about this sort of thing.

Did anyone notice that Macys.com is calling the Edifice line "G-shock"?? Check it out. http://www1.macys.com/search/index.o..._GO_BUTTON.y=0
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

When I asked myself the question you asked, I did all the reading I could on the various models. When it was over I picked these two and am very pleased with both. I hope you are happy with the one you pick. Cheers, Bill P.

Paul Dan likes this.

Garden City Park, New York, United States

find a NOS Oceanus (Saphire)
    NeedAG likes this.
    MikeCfromLI

Quote Originally Posted by Time_Bandit_8 View Post
    Chas - see my sig line. Also had another post recently on just the G-Shock analogs. Not really needing help with any comparisons, I am fairly knowledgeable about the G analogs - it is just I rolled across the Edifice line recently and wanted an assessment of the bottom line differences from those that own both, sell both, or are just Casio geeks that know a lot about this sort of thing.

Did anyone notice that Macys.com is calling the Edifice line "G-shock"?? Check it out. http://www1.macys.com/search/index.o..._GO_BUTTON.y=0

Oh, I got you. My bad, I am new to the whole forum thing. It is a great way to learn a lot about G Shocks though. I have collected for a while now and have learned more in the last few days of joining this forum than I have in the past few years.

I wanted and got this EQW-A1000B-1AER for my birthday! I like digital watches best, but wanted to have just one analog. In that case I prefer a more stylisch watch.

Name:  eqw-a1000b-1aer.jpeg
Views: 3645
Size:  141.8 KB
    Paul Dan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information