embarassed telling people the price I pay for Gs
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: embarassed telling people the price I pay for Gs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Laughing embarassed telling people the price I pay for Gs

My 65 yr old dad saw my Bubble Gum pink DW6900SN-4 for the first time and ask what it costs. You tell me I said and handed him the watch. Not knowing or caring about Gs he weighted the 'plastic' watch in his hand, looked at the display then and bezel, and gave his 'man on the street' apprasial... $20

After revealing the MSRP he almost fell to the floor... not before giving the family 'headshake chuckle'. Tho I didn't pay MSRP, it's a moot point, to the public, I wear (GA100A-7A and SN-4) plasticky, toy like Casios... he even asked me if I got it at Walmart

Re: embarassed telling people the price I pay for Gs

That's a pretty classic "civilian" response. Folks who don't get it -- and that's most folks -- just don't get it. Their loss, I always think.
    W_reck, johnny.bravus, OoE and 1 others like this.

I always lie to people. I usually say $40 if it's a 5600 or 5000 model, and $100 if it's a Frogman or other large model. People would think I was insane for spending as much as I do for some G's!
    n_wildgirl and OoE like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wal mart does carry some g-shocks and compared to something like an automatic Seiko, I wouldn't be surprised if most folks think the g-shock is a $40 watch. Keep in mind a lot of older folks forget just how much the cost of goods is going up. That said, I'm hoping to get a solar g-shock in the future and wouldn't hesitate to spend close to $150 because I appreciate the functions and quality of Casio digital watches.

Me too ...especially when they find out how many I have! Recently my brother in-law asked me how many Gs I had in front of my pops. When I started to say nothing he responded with "you don't have to be modest with how many G Shocks you have" as if I've spent nothing on them. Granted he could afford as many Rolexes as I have Gs, but still...when people know hoe much you've spent on "plasitc watches," they think you're crazy!
    desire68 likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Totally agree with you guys. People just don't get it! The only reason my wife gets it is because i tell her! I would hate for her to be surfing the net only to find a G-Shock on some site that i have and the price tag in full bloom for all to see. Admittedly, when i told her how much one of my 1000 Series frogman cost she almost fell down but as she always says, i dont smoke or drink(that much) and i work hard so i get to play hard too! as long as we are not in need for anything else, i can have any G-Shock that i can afford. I feel if people have to ask about the price of my G's they'll never get it!
    Mike
    ericng79 likes this.

Price paid for some G's?? Secrets to the grave.
    n_wildgirl and OoE like this.

One of my customers and I were just talking G-Shock price points this past Friday oddly enough. I'm 35 and he's around 38 or so, He's still wearing a well worn DW-1500 with no plastic bezel, for those who aren't familier with this model it was kind of a forerunner to the G-Shock, great watch, and he's still wearing it working well with the old 690 module. I asked him when he was gonna pick himself up a newer model G to start wearing as I took off my GD-100MS-3 dark green and negative display handing it over to him. He said, I would but the price point is "so high on them," I said, "Price point, between 80 and 100 bucks most any new model G can be had and look at the value and quality! There is no comparable watch on the market!" He did carefully look mine over at the details on the bezel and dial and was quite impressed. It is comical to me when I show the simpletons at work a new G on my wrist and one of them has the nerve to say "It's just a watch" I always say in reply, "No," "You got that all wrong cowboy" "Any watch that is not a Casio G-Shock, is, Just another watch"
    Tsip85, Ottovonn, tk1971 and 1 others like this.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    "Any watch that is not a Casio G-Shock, is, Just another watch"
    This!!!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

I always tell the real price. With pride and joy. Actually, as G-shocks are popular and very, very expensive here (g-9000=300USD) people got impressed on a good way and sometimes ask me to sell one. They only do the poker face when I tell the number of watches I own, it´s not usual own more than one here. I don´t mind, I love Dr House and as he I always have something bad to say to them about themselves in reply. I am not a politicaly correct person... lol
    n_wildgirl likes this.

Go Team Bravus!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information