The Enduro du Touquet AW-571E-4A2T Gaussman. A review.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Mitch100

Thread: The Enduro du Touquet AW-571E-4A2T Gaussman. A review.

The Enduro du Touquet AW-571E-4A2T Gaussman. A review.

I thought I would post about my only Gaussman, the Enduro du Touquet AW-571E-4A2.T.

The watch celebrates the biggest motorcycle endurance race in Europe.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enduropale#L.27Enduro_du_Touquet

I have a NOS one as well as one for wearing.

I find this Enduro series to be the most attractive of all the Gaussman because of its classic red and black colour scheme. There are actually three different Enduro models, the AW-571Es,. They are all done in black and red but in different proportions. One is mainly black, the 4A1T, one is mainly red, 4A3T, and this one, which I prefer, the 4A2T, which is a balance of the two colours.

The watch is nothing to write home about in terms of function. It can show, in the 3 o'clock window, day and date in timekeeping mode or dgital seconds or digital time.
    It has three alarms and signal, plus 60 minute stopwatch and timer. It has hand set mode obviously and the hands move automatically to the new digital time when you change it.
    It has auto return so that if you operate a function it auto returns to timekeeping mode when you have finished.

It is a very large watch for its era and still stands up very well in terms of size, even compared to some of the modern monsters. It is 51mm by 53mm by 17mm making it a little bit bigger than a DW-8200 Frogman, a big watch in itself.

The Enduro series seemed to be very popular at the time, so though they are not seen that often, they cannot be said to be particularly rare either. There are always a few for sale on yahoo.

The Gaussman, is actually a renamed Mudman and is exactly the same watch, with the same module.

It is not clear why they switched to the Gaussman name but probably they didn't want two different 'G's called Mudman running at the same time, as Casio had the digital DW-8400 Mudman running at the same time.

I have one of the original Mudman. The one I have is a very rare thing, it is not mentioned on the Perfect Search engine or the Watchshock archive. On first glance it is the same as the Enduro but on closer examination there are considerable differences between the two.

Here are a few wrist shots.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; March 21st, 2014 at 17:14.
    Sjors, raceclawt, Chrisek and 4 others like this.

Re: The Enduro du Touquet AW-571E-4A2T Gaussman. A review.

Nice watch, Mitch. I have a bit love/hate relation with Gausmans/Analog Mudmans. They look absolute great, but the batteries always worry me, because 2 different types are used, instead of the usual CR2016. I have been looking at the Enduro Tourets since I was into G-Shocks, but never pulled the plug to buy one. I actually didn't knew it was an Analog Mudman version. It shows that this model must have been released in the same period the name changed from Mudman to Gaussman.

The Analog Mudman has been produced between September 1997 and March 1998 (Probably only produced in Spetember and October 1997). Very unusual is to see this Analog Mudman from March 1999, a year after the Analog Mudman was officially retired. Still, a very cool watch. I think it's the best balace, as the red -4A3T is indeed a little over the top. Almost Darth Maul.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

so beautiful -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You have done it again, Mitch. I really praise you and your G-Shock finding abilities I didn't know that there have been Guassman models with Titanium caseback. It is a really cool model. As you mentioned the combination of red and black is one that blends very well together. Reminds me of AC Milan jersey too...
    "There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love."~ Sir Stirling Moss

very cool threat, now I know that Casio have tried to call an analog Master of G's before (or the term Master of G's) came out much later ???)

so the upcoming Gulf-Master is not the first ever

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    very cool threat, now I know that Casio have tried to call an analog Master of G's before (or the term Master of G's) came out much later ???)

Yes it appears the AW-570 Mudman were the first analog Masters of G.

Mitch

Snazzy G ya got there, I think the Gaussmans are awesome (I have a MIY)!
    Over the mountain, watching the watcher.. (RW)

Thread Information