Which Extreme indestructible G-Shock ?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which Extreme indestructible G-Shock ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Extreme indestructible G-Shock ?

I would buy myself a new clock, which is supposed to say I like, is simply indestructible. The screen should not scratch at each disease. I have a big trip to Africa this year and included in it are just mud, mud, salt water and everything that goes with it. Bracelet will be able to withstand ANYTHING Say salt water, dirt, sweat, etc. I would spend about a maximum of 300 €, if there is something for. The concept of military watches for me is very big, so I wonder if there is something in this category. The Clock was to accompany me at least 3 years.

Re: Which Extreme indestructible G-Shock ?

I suppose one of the Mudman models will be suitable.

If you visit ebay and type 'Casio Mudman' you'll get plenty of hits. I'm sure other users here will have a greater variety of suggestions, but that's mine.

(btw, there's quite a popular video made by Casio showing G-Shocks under various sorts of tough tests ...and as I remember the Mudman is the one that gets strapped to a piston and hammered against the ground over and over again with no ill effects )

All models should be pretty OK. But if your wrist can afford it, I would pick a King.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i have a small wrist, but i want to know exatly which g-shock (Modell) is the best one.

then any Mudman is a good choice.

There is no objective best G-Shock. Concerning the ruggedness, any G will survive the trip well enough, your arm will fail long before the watch. I´d think about what functions yre a neccesity for you and choose from there - you will have left a few from which you can choose the one that pleases you most aesthetically.

Long Battery Life. And the Display must survive every Scratch. I will go with the watch in to the water,lot of mud,like i said before.

LUW

9300 Mudman is your guy.

Cheers!
    Luciano

The mineral crystal on G-Shocks is not more scratch proof than on other watches, it will just not scratch that easily as it is surrounded by a resin bezel and inset a few mms.
    All G-Shocks are 200 m WR and will withstand mud, water and other abuse.

Although the Mudman is a fine watch, I´d go for a more basic model with less bulk. The G-2900 for example has a 10 year battery, nice big digits and the usual functions (including World time) and the extravaganza of a data memory. And it features Auto-EL.
    A DW-9052 covers the basic functions, battery will last 5-7 years and you have rather big buttons and a light button. Just like the DW-6900, which is a bit big for my taste.
    If you don´t wear gloves very often, the basic DW-5600 will do fine, too.

I know, this is a purely utilitarian approach, but for me, that works just fine. Nothing against a nice Mudman or soem other sensor loaded watch, but an uncluttered positive display, easy to remember functions and bulletproof design make the "basic" models first coice for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information