Factory battery question

Thread: Factory battery question

Factory battery question

My wife and I got a couple of new Gs last night and for the first time I actually read the instruction manual closely. I noticed that in both of them it said that the battery installed at the factory is used to check function and performance and battery life may not be what is stated in the manual.

I went and checked some of my other manuals and found others that said that, and some did not.

Is this just Casios way of saying they use a cheap-o battery that wont last?

Is it a good quality battery and they just say that because they test the watch and dont want you to worry if it dies before the 3 years is up because their tests use up some of the battery?

Am I worrying needlessly? Do I need to go ahead and have batteries replaced in new watches?

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Factory battery question

Dont worry.

I think Casio is very conservative in giving battery lifetime.
    In my expirience is:
    - The real battery lifetime longer then Casios advertized lifetime
    - The factory installed battery longer lasting then self exchanged batteries
    - The factory installed batteries are from brand manufacturers like Panasonic or Maxell

Casio always use disclaimer to avoid warranty issues, see also "water Resistance" chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by tmr1968 View Post
    Is it a good quality battery and they just say that because they test the watch and dont want you to worry if it dies before the 3 years is up because their tests use up some of the battery?
    Yes. But it's likely to last longer than they state.

Am I worrying needlessly?
    Yes.

Do I need to go ahead and have batteries replaced in new watches?
    No.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies, answered my question perfectly!!!

lvt

They (Casio) simply mean that you might need to change the battery ealier than the battery life they stated. For exemple my Casio's manual says the batteries should last at least three years for normal operation, but when I bought my Casio it already spent almost 1 year somewhere in the warehouse before it was sold to me, so the batteries only have about two years of power left.

On the other hand, my Casio came with two Sony SR927W batteries, not the cheapest
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thread Information