Fading display on a G-3010

Thread: Fading display on a G-3010

Fading display on a G-3010

Guys n gals,

An old customer gave me this G because the display was fading, and I am wondering what the cause of this is as I want to keep it for myself now that i have cleaned it up, but it does tend to fade (esp on EL) battery is not drained as such - keeps time and EL works, display just fades on LCD:

This is on all colour modes...
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Re: Fading display on a G-3010

Are you sure it's not the battery? On my DW-6600 the light also still works however when changing modes I can see that the digits don't react as quickly as they used to. Takes a long time till the battery really dies (not like on the solar models where it can go from working to dead in no time - has to do with the different characteristics of rechargeable and normal batteries). I'd try changing the battery - if it still doesn't work as it should maybe some contact spray inside the watch? My G-3011 looked very similar when I got it - a battery change solved the problem:

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Are you sure it's not the battery? On my DW-6600 the light also still works however when changing modes I can see that the digits don't react as quickly as they used to. Takes a long time till the battery really dies (not like on the solar models where it can go from working to dead in no time - has to do with the different characteristics of rechargeable and normal batteries). I'd try changing the battery - if it still doesn't work as it should maybe some contact spray inside the watch? My G-3011 looked very similar when I got it - a battery change solved the problem:

Greetings, Sedi
    Sedi, the box where the watch stands is upside down...that brings bad luck to your beloved watch.
    - Casio Protrek PRW-1500-1VER -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by under-wear-taker View Post
    Sedi, the box where the watch stands is upside down...that brings bad luck to your beloved watch.
    True, and the only way to remove the curse is to buy another G-Shock.

Those pics were after a fresh battery was put in; strange huh? Contacts are clear - nothing is "not working" on the watch. Stopwatch, beeping, timer, colour change, it's all there... Timekeeping is fine, even when the LCD fades, nothing misses a beat...

I think it could just be a dying module? The history of it has been that battery lasts only 8-12 months I've been told, but I will test this over the course of the year to see.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

strange - now I'm out of good ideas. But I can't really imagine that the module is dying - should last a bit longer I think. Hasn't "tiger2" done some work on those models? Like completely dissasembling it and stuff. Maybe you should write him a mail. If somebody knows it should be him.
    Here's his thread about the G-3000 (same model just in a different color scheme and limited):
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/20-...cs-368682.html

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks Sedi, you're very helpful!

Will see if I get any time this weekend!
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Thread Information