Fake Frogs Everywhere

Thread: Fake Frogs Everywhere

Fake Frogs Everywhere

I just don't get it. Aynone who has remotely dabbled in G-Shocks can spot a fake Frogman a mile away, especially a bad one. For god knows how long I have been looking at nasty-poor fake frogman watches on ebay. Personally it bums me out because it can only shatter the confidence of real collector's and buyer's who are worried about bidding on a fake. I don't know what can be done, but perhaps forum members could begin by sending messages to fake seller's or something of the like.

Here's some examples, im pretty sure all of these are fake; especially (correct me if im wrong) the "3 eyes) Frogman, I don't believe there has ever been a Frogman of this design. O|

Adios, MR-G
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fake Frogs Everywhere

You're right, it really pisses me off. :-X

I take it a a kind of back-handed compliment. But what will happen when someone actually makes a fake that looks accurate? We are lucky they are currently a real shambles and as obvious as a dogs nuts.

I feel sorry for the boys currently bidding on the first one in your line up (at least I think it's the one on ebay uk at about £32 at the moment). But will be interesting to see what it goes to...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If these watches are composed of real casio parts and together they form a frankenstein Frog , then it could be a cheap way to get parts (Bezel and band).

Happy hunting.

The worst thing is that a lot of counterfeit items are made to support criminal or terrorist activities...

When searching eBay I now discriminate a lot of sellers in the search program, to reduce the enormous amount of fakes being sold as G-Shock's and Baby-G's. Me and Ozz have tried to inform eBay about that, but with no results at all (I think we both gave up a long time ago).

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

buddha-g

Casio should be more aggresive in pursuing fakes as well. It's their own image at risk. Other manufacturers alert eBay and have more influence over them than common "consumers". Besides, I've never found eBay all that helpful with anything. They may be a good automated marketplace, but don't look for personalized service because it isn't there.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Indeed Sjors and it's virtually impossible to stop unless policed in the usually corrupt countries where they are made.

ItsAboutTime

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    Indeed Sjors and it's virtually impossible to stop unless policed in the usually corrupt countries where they are made.
    Counterfeit watches are being destroyed by truck-loads (literary, I’ve seen several pictures) in Asian countries, but there are way more being produced than officials can find/destroy.

As for eBay ignoring your pleas, there are way more expensive fakes on sale and even those are no stopped. How would you like to buy $5000 fake? Frogman on the other hand is only $200. Also, most of the fake Frogman seller admit it’s fake, by saying “Frogman-style” watch, which looks perfectly legal to me.

Thread Information