Fake G's "In Public"---Just Never Noticed

Thread: Fake G's "In Public"---Just Never Noticed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake G's "In Public"---Just Never Noticed

Either its a new phenomenon around here, or I just never noticed. I live in Southwest Connecticut and we have two main malls here. The watch kiosks in these two places are just chuck full of counterfeit G-Shocks. Always thought it was a "web thing." Interesting.

Re: Fake G's "In Public"---Just Never Noticed

a kid at the high school i teach at takes a lot of interest in my various colored Gs and the styles. i told him to be careful of where he buys them. i tried to school him on fakes, etc. sure as a bear poops in the woods, he comes with a classic fake frog with the analog hands. i tell him its a fake and he swears its not. he tells me he paid over a hundy for it. poor guy. broke his heart. he got it at a mall. i wore my dawn black frog the next day and looked up fake frogs on google images. D'oh!

Even though it is fake.

Tell him, if he enjoys wearing it.

Still wear it.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bajachild View Post
    a kid at the high school i teach at takes a lot of interest in my various colored Gs and the styles. i told him to be careful of where he buys them. i tried to school him on fakes, etc. sure as a bear poops in the woods, he comes with a classic fake frog with the analog hands. i tell him its a fake and he swears its not. he tells me he paid over a hundy for it. poor guy. broke his heart. he got it at a mall. i wore my dawn black frog the next day and looked up fake frogs on google images. D'oh!

Poor dude, that sucks. It sucks even more that there are retailers that are selling them to unsuspecting kids. Im sure they know what they are selling, fakes, replicas, whatever you want to call 'em.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

i have seen lot of young guys wearing Fake analog frogman's , but then again here in India not many people know about the Frogman model for that matter G-shock brand. they know that they are buying a cheap china made counterfeit.

"he tells me he paid over a hundy for it. poor guy. broke his heart. he got it at a mall. "

Tell him to take it BACK to the mall and get a FULL refund. If they don't take it back tell him to talk to the mall manager. (There's a head manager at the mall if you complain they may kick that store out of the mall.) He can probably take them to small claims court. [edited] Have him go in there with a high definition video camera to record the rest of the fakes. Tell him to get high quality closeups. How many thousands of dollars in fake junk do they have in the store? He should be able to at least call the local police (NOT 911 emergency, just a police number). Have him research fakes here and elsewhere on the Internet and print out high quality pictures of fakes VS. real watches. bajachild, you might want to be a witness too. Also, since Casio uses the same build technique in so many of their real watches, the fake may be totally different looking on the inside, you might be able to use that as a giveaway. Maybe Casio customer service might be useful. Selling fakes is illegal in America and if the store owners get caught they can get into more trouble than they probably want over a watch costing less than $200.

How long will that fake last? I remember a post a while back about a fake Frogman someone bought where they took it apart to show how chinsey it was made inside. It didn't even have gaskets and wasn't water resistant. Have this kid check the existence of gaskets. Why should he keep it? Have the fakes increased in quality?
    Last edited by tribe125; December 24th, 2009 at 17:21.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    Tell him to take it BACK to the mall and get a FULL refund. If they don't take it back tell him to talk to the mall manager.
    I think I would end the advice at this point. Most times in life you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. The watch business can be murky and these guys at the kiosks are most likely buying from other dealers rather than directly from Casio. My point being they may have no idea they are selling knock-offs. There was a post here several months ago where someone accidentially bought a knock off from Macy's! Someone bought it elsewhere and then bought a Mudman at Macy's and then returned the knock off with the tags and box of the Mudman back to Macy's where they proudly displayed it for sale. Obviously the clerk that did the transaction just cared that the tags were there to scan and wouldn't recognize the differences between a Mudman and a Frogman or any other G Shock model.

Case in point, some time this summer I noticed a small kiosk had some knock-off Casios mixed in with authentic models. I mentioned this to the guy behind the counter who clearly didn't know anything about it. Fast forward a few months to December and I walked by again and saw that the same guy had not been deported and the G Shock collection had grown and were all authentic models. I don't think that I had anything directly to do with it, but if you get enough customers questioning your products, eventually the honest seller will do something about it.
    Last edited by nhoJ; December 20th, 2009 at 16:22.

Linke I said, "...If they don't take it back.... I figure thy probably will, but it's good to be prepared just in case. I don't like to stand there going, "duuuuuhhhh".
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

wow!!! i havnt posted in some months but i never thought that racist posts were now allowed? what does being american have to do with selling fake G's btw??? oh well looks like it will be many more months before i post again... good job mods

Can't spot everything...

It has been edited.

Last edited by tribe125; December 24th, 2009 at 17:23.
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sameerb View Post
    i have seen lot of young guys wearing Fake analog frogman's ,
    That is something. I wish casio produce that kind of frog + tough solar.

With Best Regard... Caseiko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information