Is this a fake ICERC Gulfman?

Thread: Is this a fake ICERC Gulfman?

Is this a fake ICERC Gulfman?

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI....T#ht_930wt_901

The seller had it up for 189.99USD and I offered them 140USD and won the auction. I'm a bit skeptical as the seller is located in Malaysia and the picture that was used for the auction is from another source. The return policy is also a bit wack as you can not return the item. What do you guys think?

Re: Is this a fake ICERC Gulfman?

Well, that's definitely a stock picture used for the auction. So it's impossible to tell at this point. However, the feedback looks ok and he has sold other G-Shocks including two of the limited DQM 6900s. So based on that, there's a fair chance you'll get the real deal. I also don't recall seeing any fake ICERC Gulfies before.

Post pics when you get it and we can confirm. Also, Paypal will probably back you up as far as refunds is concerned, regardless of this seller's return policy.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    Well, that's definitely a stock picture used for the auction. So it's impossible to tell at this point. However, the feedback looks ok and he has sold other G-Shocks including two of the limited DQM 6900s. So based on that, there's a fair chance you'll get the real deal. I also don't recall seeing any fake ICERC Gulfies before.

Post pics when you get it and we can confirm. Also, Paypal will probably back you up as far as refunds is concerned, regardless of this seller's return policy.
    I see. That's really good news. A quick question; I read that the white watches have a problem with yellowing, is this just the straps or the whole watch?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This ICERC isn't white, it has the clear "jelly" type of resin in the bezel and strap. The clear jelly straps (and bezel) do start to turn yellow after time, depending on sun exposure and how much it's worn. However, we're probably talking like 5+ years, and that's assuming heavy wear. I have seen (and owned) Gs with the clear resin dating back to the late 90s and because they weren't worn much, only showed a slight bit of yellowing. The white resins also tend to show age, but probably less so than the clear ones.

It is unfortunate but I would definitely not let it get in the way of enjoying your watch and wearing it as much as you like. It will still keep its color for many years, and when it eventually does start to turn, these clear jellies take very well to dyeing which can make them look even better.

For example:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=301821
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=201992
    Last edited by sl8763; September 27th, 2009 at 19:51.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Thread Information