Fake or real Bape G-Shock?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sjors

Thread: Fake or real Bape G-Shock?

Fake or real Bape G-Shock?

I recently bought a white Bape G-Shock for $45 on eBay. Now I know "$45" and "eBay" already implies its 99.9% fake. However, if it be a clever replica of one or just a fake one, I do not know. When you look at the images, everything seems to be in place except suspiciously the word "Bape" above the "Shock Resist" seems quite different from the real ones. I am merely a foolish buyer and base my knowledge based on other guides on other forums. I need a professional opinion on if the watch is fake or not. Thanks in advance.

The link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OC:US:3160

Re: Fake or real Bape G-Shock?

fake. sorry. i could tell in about .1 seconds. all i have to look at is the digits, nothing else. the digits are too thin, also where it says "st" in the first photo for stopwatch, its places too far over to the right. another dead giveaway on bapes is on the band, where it says "ape shall never kill ape" on an authentic, it's about the length of 5 strap holes, on fakes it's about the length of 8. Also the text is in a different font on the fake. To be honest, bape fakes are probably some of the easies to spot. there's a million ways to tell a fake, from the feel of the resin, to the weight of the watch, to the incorrect functionality of the watch. Let me guess, if you press the lower left button, the light turns on? I don't mean to be crass, but bapes are pretty rare so if you're buying one for under $150, 99.9% of the time, it's a fake. Hopefully you bought it recently enough that you can open a dispute on ebay. I hope this helps.

Damnit, I had it coming though...
    Well thats a bummer, the payment already cleared and I don't feel like starting a dispute :( Anyhow, its not like anybody from school is gonna realize its a fake unless they're avid collectors. Thanks for your help though

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I remember I bought a BNIB BAPE in about $400 four to five years ago. To me, any price less than this is fake... ha ha ha.

Please take a look of mine for your comparison.

Name:  IMG_3407.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  47.1 KB
    Last edited by Wah_Wah_Wah; August 31st, 2012 at 07:45.
    Audemars Piguet x1
    Breitling x1
    Ball x1
    Casio >160
    Glashutte Original x1
    IWC x2
    JLC x1
    Jauet Droz x1
    Nomos x1
    Omega x2
    Panerai x3
    Rolex x5
    Seiko x17
    Tudor x4

no problem. just to let you know, it doesn't matter if the payment has cleared, if it's in 45 days i believe I believe you can open up a dispute on ebay. that thing is a piece of junk and could break at any moment, and then you just waster $45 or however much you paid. You're much better off filing a dispute, getting a refund, and buying a real used g-shock. Maybe this will make you want you money back....those fake bapes can be bought for $7.99 on websites that sell junk from japan.

Yeah on second thought, I emailed the seller, and thankfully he agreed to return the money as soon as I send it back. Thank you all for your help and sorry for being a noob haha.

I'm glad you're getting refunded. And don't be sorry about being a noob. Everyone's a noob at some point. I'm still a noob about a bunch of stuff....but anyways, i'm happy for you. You should take that money and by a preowned authentic g-shock.

Hmmm, Harold,

If someone offered you to buy his Bugatti Veyron for $1000... Would you really buy it??? That price is half of what a normal DW-6900 model costs. You do not believe a sought after model (price varies around $400 at the moment I think) will cost you only $45.-?

Cheers,

Sjors
    WillyLix likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information