Fake and Real G Shocks

Thread: Fake and Real G Shocks

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Fake and Real G Shocks

    Besides the appearance of the two. What is the difference between getting the real g shocks or the fake ones?

  2. #2
    Member trozau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    G-Shockland, USA
    Posts
    747

    Thumbs Down Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    The fake ones are NOT even water-resistant to 10 feet and I doubt that they are able to withstand shock from a 10 meter fall.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

    Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    Quote Originally Posted by trozau View Post
    The fake ones are NOT even water-resistant to 10 feet and I doubt that they are able to withstand shock from a 10 meter fall.

    Oh, okay. Thanks!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The land of Casio
    Posts
    13,272

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    The fakes will not survive heavy rain let alone going into a shower (they don't have O-rings from what I can remember of someone who unfortunately picked up a fake). It'd probably not survive too many drops on the floor either, whereas G-Shocks were designed to be dropped and survive from a height of 10m.
    Also with fakes, they're probably not too interested in being chemically safe. Who knows what goes into the straps/cases. Do you really want that stuff leaching into your body?

    You'll also end up with the stigma of people knowing that you're wearing a fake.

    Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,105

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    G-Shocks are not expensive enough to go with the fake route. Plus you can beat your Gs without having to worry about breaking.
    Couple of watches here and there


  7. #6
    Member Rhyme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Elmore,Al.
    Posts
    36

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    Wow makes me nervous to ever buy one off ebay being a newb to the G's I would never be able to spot a fake.

  8. #7
    Member PsychoMantis21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    888

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyme View Post
    Wow makes me nervous to ever buy one off ebay being a newb to the G's I would never be able to spot a fake.
    Rhyme, I totally understand your reservations with eBay. If you do your homework, you can get some recommendations from people here as to which eBay sellers are legitimate. I've purchased my last 8 off eBay and no problems whatsoever.

  9. #8
    Member Rhyme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Elmore,Al.
    Posts
    36

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    Awesome I will do that. There seems to be some good deals on there. I want my next one to be a Riseman, not that I climb or anything but the features seem cool. And also the Mister Cartoon when it drops.
    My Collection so far. GLX-5600XA-4, GW530A-1V

  10. #9
    Member GMT-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    678

    Re: Fake and Real G Shocks

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    The fakes will not survive heavy rain let alone going into a shower (they don't have O-rings from what I can remember of someone who unfortunately picked up a fake). It'd probably not survive too many drops on the floor either, whereas G-Shocks were designed to be dropped and survive from a height of 10m.
    Also with fakes, they're probably not too interested in being chemically safe. Who knows what goes into the straps/cases. Do you really want that stuff leaching into your body?

    You'll also end up with the stigma of people knowing that you're wearing a fake.
    U are quite wrong abt that!

    This is a 10buck homage of Frogman. I wear it for shower and dish washing. No problem of leakage or spoilage and I throw it on floor with force and its still working. Not even a single crack on screen.

    Not sure abt 10m fall. But u shall going to ask the seller to throw fom 10m to prove its geniune?

    U will be amazed by some of this cheap watch quality and built for the price u pay..

    Picture removed by moderator. There's a difference between discussing fakes and promoting them. Even if this one is called an hommage...
    Last edited by tribe125; September 1st, 2009 at 20:46.
    " One Watch to rule them all, One Watch to find them. One Watch to bring them all and the darkness bind them. "

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •