fall camo g shock
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nij315

Thread: fall camo g shock

fall camo g shock

hi im new here this is my first post. i wanted to dye my yellow resin g shock with fall pattern i dont really know the name of it but its flat and square. i started to mask out the duct tape in a camo pattern and i just wanted some feedback. how should i go about dying it and could i use rit dye. i wanted to get black and orange. im attaching pics now

.Name:  2i6l6qf.png
Views: 1069
Size:  189.2 KB
    Last edited by nij315; May 17th, 2012 at 23:48. Reason: forgot to add pictures.

Re: fall camo g shock

aww man, when i read the title i thought there is a camo g-shock coming out in fall! lol

there are several threads around here, need to search for it, here is 1 of them- hope this helps- https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how-dye-yelly-g-shock-hoochys-idiots-guide-watch-dying-86046.html

Last edited by starscream; May 17th, 2012 at 23:59.

I can't tell from ur pic but it looks to be a 5600. The most important thing at this point us the resin. If it has a gloss finish it will not take dye. If it's matte then you're good to go! RIT dye works great, but given the option make sure to get the powder rather than the liquid. Start with the darkest color (black) and work down the color spectrum to the lightest color you intend to use. The higher the heat, the darker the color. Just under a boil works for me.

After you dye in black, rinse and pat dry and remove some of the masking. Then dye in your next lighter color...

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just be very careful with the keeper. I melted one by accident not long ago.

The thing is that it's made from a different sort of plastic than the strap and bezel. The latter can safely be placed into dye which is just under boiling, but you'll have to do something else with the keeper. Last time I dyed a watch, I boiled some water and stirred in the dye powder then turned off the gas and put the strap and bezel in, whereas for the keeper I waited for the liquid to cool then poured it into a glass jar.

Next I tied some string to the keeper and dipped it in the glass jar with the string hanging over the edge and the lid screwed on to keep it in place. Then I sat the jar in front of an electric fan heater and let it blow over the glass for about 45 mins. This provided enough heat for the dye to take, but not enough to melt the keeper.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and it's good that Tsip85 has posted; he's probably had more dying experience than anyone else here.

this is what it came out like. the black didnt take as well as i would have liked but i still like the way it looks.
    thanks for the help guys.

Attachment 712566
    Attached Images Attached Images

kurzjak and G-Shock Absorber like this.

I dont have a "like" button using Tapatalk, but that 5600 gets a big THUMBS UP from me!!!!!

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Thread Information