FAO Artistmike

Thread: FAO Artistmike

FAO Artistmike

Here's the Benson movement (and case). Photos taken by the light of a guttering candle...

Anything of interest here?

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: FAO Artistmike

Cool mechanical, Tribe!

Wonderful thing the internet. Having looked up the hallmark on the case, it translates as 9 carat gold, Birmingham Assay Office, 1950.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What a great little watch that is tribe and a lovely bit of history too. It's packed with all the best names in the business, Tavannes - Cyma made some great innovative movements in their time and that looks super, great balance wheel and escapement, so it should be an accurate movement. ALD made high quality cases and at one time in the early days even made them for Wilsdorf Davis who later became Rolex and of course Benson only really dealt in nice quality pieces, even when they were just retailing.

I'd definitely get that one serviced and back in full working order, it shouldn't be at all difficult and the movement numbers etc should, with a bit of research, yield a lot more info for you.

A great little watch and could give you a lot of years yet if you look after it.
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Thread Information