Father's Day: spells 5530!
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Father's Day: spells 5530!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LUW

Gift Father's Day: spells 5530!

Down here is Father's Day today, and guess what I asked for ?
    In my 6yo words: "Another watch?"

The watch is brand new, but when you have a 2yo girl and a 6yo boy eager to show you your present while you're still in bed (7:30 ) accidents happen .

The black black plate is gorgeous, so are the buckle and golden keeper. I have it on my wrist since early morning and even for so short time I can say it's very comfortable. The only thing I wasn't expecting were the stiff buttons. But since they're big, they're easy to use. I'm quite pleased, it looks great and being a LE makes it even better .
    Chrisek, phattbam, lvt and 16 others like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Re: Father's Day: spells 5530!

Agree, it is very comfortable watch to wear, by far my favourite. And agree, buttons are real PITA to use. Especially if you scroll through the cities in world time mode, it can cause real pain in finger

Great choice as a present, is that your first 5500 in your collection?

That's a nice Father's Day gift. Congratulations! Father's day has here about 2 months ago. I got a Dr Who shirt.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

that's sweet G !!!

I thought "father's day" is an universal thingy ???

and one more thing I don't recall that you have talked about being a father or having kids that young ;) before today... or ...?

Congrats Luciano, I just had the 5530 on my wrist yesterday. It's a surprisingly refined piece... very tempting... but had the SEC with me and I don't have a father's day excuse, so i had to maintain discipline!

"Yes dear, just trying it on :)"

Sent from the 'droid.

Congrats Luciano! Very cool watch, and I also have to ask: is this your first 55xx? It is my first (and only). Surprisingly comfortable, and one of the few watches that seems comfortable regardless of wrist size or shape. Happy Fathers Day :beer:

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

LUW

Thanks guys!

Yeah this is my first 5500. I didn't pay much attention to them in the past, but this year, when I got square fever, I naturally started looking in it's direction. And when the first wave of 30th Celebration hit the internet, I was certain on what specific model to get. Like my SEC said, "It almost looks better then that other one (the 5630) because it's bigger". I'm pretty sure that if Casio had updated the size of the classical 5600 it would be more popular among the normal non-g-shockaholic human beings. And because it's larger, with more surface on the wrist, it's also a bit more comfortable then a classic square. Just imagine this thing with a GW-5000 strap! But the buttons are a problem if you're going to use them a lot .

Father's Day here is always on the second Sunday of August. Being nothing but a commercial date, each country celebrates it on a different day. And being honest I'm totally against commercial dates like this (or Mother's Day), but after you have kids you have to celebrate. So in the last 5 years I always get coffee in bed and a ton of post cards, little towels and other sorts of hand-crafted goodies along with a watch .
    Chrisek, Sengyoku, isezumi and 1 others like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Congrats and Happy Father's Day.. Hopefully I get to celebrate soon too. Just got married myself a few months ago with my 12yrs Girlfriend. :)

Anyhoo, I got my 5530 a few weeks back and haven't even tested it yet. My black resist set is still unworn. But this watch looks good indeed.

Tapatalk.
    Chrisek and isezumi like this.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=110595&dateline=13096  37814

Steinhart Aviation DLC.
    Steinhart Triton 100ATM DLC.
    Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr Vintage Titanium.
    Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr Limited Silver Edition.
    G-Shock GDF100 Burning Red and GX56 Red/Black.

Congrats!

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by ice_man View Post
    Congrats and Happy Father's Day.. Hopefully I get to celebrate soon too. Just got married myself a few months ago with my 12yrs Girlfriend. :)
    Anyhoo, I got my 5530 a few weeks back and haven't even tested it yet. My black resist set is still unworn. But this watch looks good indeed.
    Congrats! And you won't understand the true meaning of life until you have kids. AND you get to walk on the wild side .
    And how the blazes do you manage to get a new watch weeks ago and not wear it?!? Are you in quarantine or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks cc!
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information