Favorite Aviation G-Shock
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Favorite Aviation G-Shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorite Aviation G-Shock

I have been looking very closely at the Aviation Series watches and I was ideally looking for a watch with a LED illumination however that is not a deal breaker I guess. I noticed the GW3500B-1A is the only Aviation watch with a LED illumination but it is the black model with yellow accents. I am looking for a this watch to be my casual/sporty watch more than anything. I am curious of anyones thoughts are on these models and which one they like the best. I am further wondering if anyone likes the yellow accents or do you find a little ugly. At this time, I don't know if I like it or hate it so I am looking for some great advice. Lastly, I had made a post about these watches with illumination and I really appreciate everyones response thus far. It is frustrating because I actually called G-Shock and spoke to a customer service rep on Fri and she informed me they all do have a LED illumination button however after looking on G-Shocks website I was unable to find anything in regard to this. I just assumed at this price point and quality they all would have the LED light for night time however it appears that is not the case. Thanks a million for your help and advice.

Dave
    $teve likes this.

Re: Favorite Aviation G-Shock

Hi Dave,
    only the ana-digi models have the LED illumination. I have the GW-2500B and the GW-3500B. Right now I'm mostly wearing the GW-3500B. The yellow accents look great. Looking purely at the features the GW-2500B is slightly better however - the positive LCD is easier to read and the worldtime dial at the "3" o'clock position has a PM-indicator (the GW-3500 doesn't have this). The buttons are also a bit easier to press on the GW-2500 because it doesn't have the button guards of the GW-3500B. I love the domed crystal on the GW-3500B - and it also has the tough movement which the GW-2500 lacks. IMO they are both great watches:

The new AWG-M100 might also be worth a look however as it has some interesting features and a longer timer - but no snooze alarm.

cheers, Sedi
    azpops, GShockMe, $teve and 1 others like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

I too really like the GW3500B. I like the hybrid feature of both digital and analog. This makes using all the features of the watch so much easier and faster than a purely analog version. I have also noticed several new 4000's showing up on the for sale section, I think because of this. The yellow accents do make the watch look sporty, I have tied this color into my paracord straps to highlight it. Sedi is correct the negative LCD is harder to read and to me is the real only draw back. If they were back lit it sure would make the watch easier to use. I do find the lume on the face and hands does a great job into the night. Mine completes receiving it's atomic signal at 4 minutes past midnight every night without fail. I really like this watch, it is a great value of the money.

Name:  DSC03423a.JPG
Views: 6231
Size:  91.9 KB
    Name:  G 5-15-12.JPG
Views: 1992
Size:  63.3 KB
    Name:  DSC03425a.JPG
Views: 5850
Size:  93.0 KB
    azpops, Bionicninja and mitadoc like this.
    Omega Aqua Terra 15'000 GAUSS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd vote for the 3000 or 4000 any day of the week. If you want an analog watch, get an analog watch!

azpops and mitadoc like this.

WallaceD

I can't advise at this point because i only have the 4000. I will end up with a 3500 as well.
    A great thread for info (besides what is already being posted here) if you search for "4000" you will find a thread credited to john.bravus (JonG) and he compares the 3 in really good detail. I have read this thread multiple times and find it very useful.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Correction. Thread is by "johnny.bravus" though don't put the name in the search for some reason.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

My answer must be Sedi's 3500B!

I like'um all but the GW3000BB-1A is my favorite! maybe I shouldn't post this, but I was close to pull'in the trigger on one, BUT after x4 Surefire purchases there was no way, no how, I would be able to buy it!
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

Well i may be a bit biased in saying I like the simplicity of the 3000 BB. The white on black looks more "respectable" to me... Plus I own a 3000BB.

But I would be lying if I said those orange aviators dont turn my head! Orange and black and Yellow and black are just awesome combos.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by azpops View Post
    I like'um all but the GW3000BB-1A is my favorite! maybe I shouldn't post this, but I was close to pull'in the trigger on one, BUT after x4 Surefire purchases there was no way, no how, I would be able to buy it!
    ahh.....Flashlights...my another passion. I kinda not buy as much cuz just like digital camera, they got upgrade too fast. I remember the old days with A2/M3...took a while with break through improvement.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information