Favorite Features

Thread: Favorite Features

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorite Features

Other than the basic shock and water resistance, that every G-Shock has, what features do you use most on your favorite G-Shocks?

Although I donít use the stopwatch function very often, I do find myself constantly using the countdown timer. I use the timer very often in the kitchen, and am also constantly counting down the time between baby feedings, now that Iím a proud father. The repeat function works quite well in this case, as the feedings are 3 hours apart.

I also make quite a bit of use of the Data Memory function on my G2300. I store all sorts of phone numbers in it, that donít get used often enough to memorize. I also keep a bunch of emergency phone numbers stored in the G2300, just in case.

My wife also has a Baby-G with data memory, which actually came in very handy one day. She was at work and had a terrible gall bladder attack, leaving her incapacitated on the floor and in much pain. When a coworker offered to call her doctor and myself, my wife simply pressed a button on her G-Shock. The coworker saw the work phone number on the watch and called me, and then proceeded to find the doctorís number and call her. The Baby-G was a lifesaver that day.

I also make great use of the alarm features. I set an alarm (snooze feature if available) to wake up to in the morning. I also set an alarm for the end of the work day, so I donít run late and miss the last bus home. Without this last alarm setting, Iíd have some VERY long walks home.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: Favorite Features

Definitely the hour time signal on all my G-Shock's, backlight, and of course time and date:-D

1. 24 hours count down timer, with current time appears at the same time. Must have auto repeat option.
    2. Stop watch.
    3. For analogue G shock, I wish one day Casio will have Tritium light (self power light tube) for the hands. The current luminicent type fades very fast.
    4. 2nd time zone. World time feature is not so important to me.
    5. Thin body like G-056 series.
    That's it

Best regards

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

I use the countdown timer alot, especially in the kitchen. I like using worldtime as well, as it came in handy when some friends were in Vietnam not too long ago. I use the alarms (snooze mostly) from time to time. On the Protrek, though, I use barometer/thermometer about 2-3 times/week, altimeter every now and then, and compass occasionally. I will get more out of this watch once I get a chance to take it on a hike! (Oh another thing about the Protrek that is really nice is that time is displayed in every function on the watch - very handy!)

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

my often used features are the stopwatch for running and the countdown timer mostly in the kitchen.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

For me the EL backlight and the countdown timer are two of my must haves on a G-shock. Stopwatch is OK, but I mainly just use it on the watch I use for running.

Also, I like clear and simple displays, like on the basic 5600E. Indicators are OK, but I'm not a fan of graphic displays that appear more as animation than useful features.

Kev

One I really like....

The sunrise sunset feature is very handy for me. Lots of times, I want to play golf in the late afternoon or after work, and it's good to know when the sun is setting so I know how many holes I can get in.

I use that feature quite a bit throughout the year.

Banned

I'd have to say the countdown timer as well. I use it a LOT at work. Also it's a big plus when the time is displayed while in countdown/stopwatch mode.

I've recently re-evaluated what I really use and need in a G. Paradoxically, the 'basic' models usually have more of what I want. In descending order, this is what I look for:
    1. Resin case and band
    2. Digital
    3. Day + date displayed
    4. 24hr countdown timer
    5. Alarm set by date
    6. World time (preferably the 'expanded' list)
    7. Solar
    8. Atomic
    9. 5th light button
    10. Year displayed
    11. Replacement bands available
    Items 1-5 are the most critical.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

mine is the 24 hr countdown timer or the snz alarm :-D

sometimes once-alarm just can't wake me up ... lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information