Favorite Movie

Thread: Favorite Movie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorite Movie

So what is your favorite movie, that prominently shows a G-Shock?

It never won any major awards, and definitely had no deep message. But there's something about DOMINO that I love. You get a wickedly sexy Keira Knightley kicking butt, the quintessential role for bad boy Mickey Rourke, and the psychotic Choco ripping off arms while sporting a DW-5600E. Domino also has a great soundtrack, although never released on CD as far as I can tell.

In memory of this addictive flick, I will wear my DW-5600E all week. It isn't as pristine as Choco's, but falls into the spirit of things. It's cheap and kind of banged up, but sports a black crystal protector and an aftermarket DW-5600C style strap, cut to fit. That old style strap is totally awesome. Unbelievably comfortable, and flexible as a wet noodle.

Last edited by Buzzbait; September 24th, 2007 at 20:17.

Wink Re: Favorite Movie

Hard question Buzzbait. I have quite some G-Shock movies (sorry, I haven't got or seen Domino) and quiet a lot are very good or even impressive.

Basic was pretty nice to watch. Tears from the Sun was also impressive. I think Man on Fire is out of competition (ProTrek). I recently saw Entrapment again. Also very good.

For Comedy: "Who am I" and "Taxi 2" are very funny.

Funny intermezzo: I can't good recognize faces. Normally this occurs to actresses, who all tend to have the same hair in movies. If they all are blong or all have black hair, Eva gets very nervous, because I keep asking who is who (eventuially ending up not understanding the movie at all). I recently saw Jarhead.... well, somebody needs to tell me who was in that coffin at the end. The only two people I could devide were the pletoons sergant and the guy with the glasses....... The rest were wearing the same Dessert storm uniforms and had the same haircut.......

I see I missed "The Italian Job (I have both versions. The original is also very good and has a better end IMHO).

I think I can't choose which one I like. There are quiet some good movies out there.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; September 24th, 2007 at 17:57.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Favorite Movie

Buzzbait, those old straps are great, aren't they ?

As for the movie, I'll use Sjor's DVD's to choose; Hmm... MI: 2 because it has a G and motorbikes in it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I'm going to have to go with 'Tears of the Sun'.

Yeah, I will have to go with MI:2, as well.

Too bad Arnie couldn't have worn a G-Shock in Predator...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

my favorite movie that shows g-shock's is Basic. I just love movies of that kind, when you actually don't know what is going on until the last five minutes. unfortunately there are far to less movies in that style (the usual suspects, inside man, identity, to name a few others which come to mind - though those are not g-shock related)

regards, holger

Wink Re: Favorite Movie

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    my favorite movie that shows g-shock's is Basic. I just love movies of that kind, when you actually don't know what is going on until the last five minutes.
    I'm 100% with that. The first time I watched, I thought the movie was finished after 30 minutes. Actually this was only the beginning. Not showing G-Shock's, but "The Sixth Sense"and "The Others" are also like that (indeed, the last 5 minutes). Äll you've got to do is tell the story right".

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Probably Alien vs Predator because you get some really good, long closeups of the watches.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

The Abyss. Plenty of dive watches and a good number of vintage G-shocks (late 80's) to be seen.

Watch the director's cut though. The theatrical release was cut so bad they slpiced the plot and never bothered piecing the bits back in a way that made sense. Too bad to, because it was a costly and well acted movie.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    The Abyss. Plenty of dive watches and a good number of vintage G-shocks (late 80's) to be seen.

Watch the director's cut though. The theatrical release was cut so bad they slpiced the plot and never bothered piecing the bits back in a way that made sense. Too bad to, because it was a costly and well acted movie.

Kev
    That was a great movie. I only have it on VHS I think, so I may have to buy it again.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information