A feature that I miss in Casio watches...

Thread: A feature that I miss in Casio watches...

A feature that I miss in Casio watches...

I hardly doubt that the developers of Casio watches reads this forum. But if there is someone is doing that... I want to give a suggestion for a feautre that would be nice to have in a watch.
    The feature I want to see is a time countdown mode.
    For example: The clock is right now 13:00.00
    Lets say I will travel by a train at 14:54. Instead of setting an alarm at 14:45.00 or so, I want to see how much time it is left to the appointed time. (If i put it on alarm at 14.54 I will miss the train)
    I want a feature where I´m able to put in a custom time and then let the watch count down to it, so I can exactly see how much time I have left to getting to the train-station or an appointment or what it could be.

What do you say about this and what do you want to see in a watch that is not exsisting for the moment.

Suspended

Re: A feature that I miss in Casio watches...

I wonder if the Rally timer on the mudman fits this need. That has a preset countdown and count up timer that run at the same time.

i clearly miss a depthmeter on the frogman... Imagine that....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd definitely support the time countdown feature. I haven't read the Rally Mudman manual enough to understand its features. I remain a bit confused about that!

I'd like a compass in more G-shocks. I'm not sure why that has to be restricted to Protreks. I rarely use alt/baro, but a compass is more useful in my life.

Oh, a return to melody alarms would be nice

The GW-100 Antman has this feature. If you set for example set an alarm at 16:00 and the time now is 13:20:40 it will countdown to that time by showing the alarm time and the time left to the alarm time which would be 02:39:20.

Quote Originally Posted by sportmats View Post
    I hardly doubt that the developers of Casio watches reads this forum. But if there is someone is doing that... I want to give a suggestion for a feautre that would be nice to have in a watch.
    The feature I want to see is a time countdown mode.
    For example: The clock is right now 13:00.00
    Lets say I will travel by a train at 14:54. Instead of setting an alarm at 14:45.00 or so, I want to see how much time it is left to the appointed time. (If i put it on alarm at 14.54 I will miss the train)
    I want a feature where I´m able to put in a custom time and then let the watch count down to it, so I can exactly see how much time I have left to getting to the train-station or an appointment or what it could be.

What do you say about this and what do you want to see in a watch that is not exsisting for the moment.
    Am I missing something here?

Most 'G's already have a countdown timer, often upto 24 hours.

In the example above you just put 1:45 or 1:54 in the countdown timer and you are ready to go!

For instance on a recent flight to the USA I set the stopwatch going when we took off, to measure elapsed time and also set the countdown timer with the estimated flight time and ran them simultaneously.

Mitch

I really like this idea! I would love to see it in a watch.

I would also like to see extended backlight times, especially on solar watches -- say 3 or 4 seconds.
    -- Gray
    Current Favourite: PRG240 (the orange-tinted one)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Am I missing something here?

Most 'G's already have a countdown timer, often upto 24 hours.

In the example above you just put 1:45 or 1:54 in the countdown timer and you are ready to go!

For instance on a recent flight to the USA I set the stopwatch going when we took off, to measure elapsed time and also set the countdown timer with the estimated flight time and ran them simultaneously.

Mitch
    Yes mot G:s has an countdown timer, I´m aware of that. But it would be easier if you can set the countdown to a proper time and make it countdown to it. Like if I had an appointment at 18:32.00. I set it to 18:32.00 and push start and the watch start to count down to that time. For me that is not as good in maths, it is more difficult to first calculate how much time you have to set in the countdown mode, for example 1 hour and 32 minutes. For me it would be easier to just set the time that you want to count it down to.

I've got my first Gulfman on order; so while I've been reading about its tide/moon features, it's led me to think that I'd really also like two other features, given that it knows my location:

- sunrise and sunset times;

- apparent solar time (i.e. option to display time as per actual position of the sun); or an equation of time compensated display.

for me the screwed back case......
    watches are meant to tell times..

Thread Information