Feature you'd most like to see standard on all G-SHOCKS

Thread: Feature you'd most like to see standard on all G-SHOCKS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lightbulb Feature you'd most like to see standard on all G-SHOCKS

Right now I think we are moving to all new G-SHOCKS becoming Tough Solar and Waveceptor equipped. Just as EL illumination eventually became standard on pretty much all new Gs, I think it's only a matter of time before these features become cost effective enough to be manufactured into almost all watches in the range.

The one feature that remains limited to a very few variants, and which I would like to see standard is a vibrating alarm. I appreciate, having a small motor in a G is tricky, as it means moving parts and potentially increased fragility, but we've seen how this is now taken for granted on all but the cheapest cellphones. As someone who (a) often has difficulty hearing the tiny alarm beep on watches and (b) is always nervous about irritating those around me that can, I think this would be a great standard feature.

What do you reckon?

Re: Feature you'd most like to see standard on all G-SHOCKS

Good question. What features, for example, should be added to a 5600F? Worldtime and additional alarms could be added without changing the appearance in any way, and would enhance the watch for me.

Vibrating alarms I can do without. Standard solar and atomic are the obvious steps to take, although I'd like to see the solar technology evolve a bit further. At the moment, the bluish/purplish cells would actually disfigure some models. We need a solar panel that is effectively invisible - one that forms the whole display, in any colour, and without visible lines or borders.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I think Gs would be better if they were ALL screwback and steel or titanium. This way the whole line would be solid, heavy watches rather than just a few Frogmans, MR-Gs, etc.

It's not too late for Casio to make ammends either. Jeep went to square headlights. Fans hated it. Jeep changed...... and let's not even talk about Coke changing its formula.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I remember "New Coke", and someone saying it was like waking up one day to find that God had changed the colour of grass to purple.

Quote Originally Posted by casionerd
    I think Gs would be better if they were ALL screwback and steel or titanium. This way the whole line would be solid, heavy watches rather than just a few Frogmans, MR-Gs, etc.

It's not too late for Casio to make ammends either. Jeep went to square headlights. Fans hated it. Jeep changed...... and let's not even talk about Coke changing its formula.

Yep, I'd go along with that.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by casionerd

I do agree with you !!!
    Stainless Steel and Titanium cases with screwback are :gold

All the resin case G´s should be solar for you don´t have to open It for a long time to change the battery and see the little pieces of plastic when you take out the 4 damned screws.

I'd like to see all G-Shocks start using standard lugs, so I can choose what band I want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait
    I'd like to see all G-Shocks start using standard lugs, so I can choose what band I want to use.
    Yes, this above all else.

I love vibrating alarms, but I don't think they need to be standard. They do however need to be more common, as it is a great feature for watches.

The one feature I wish was standard on G's is date programmable alarms. It seems that almost all G's these days have 4 or 5 alarms, but they are only daily alarms. Who needs 4 alarms every day? Programmable alarms make much more sense. Especially when options such as weekly alarms start being used, since I'd love to have a weekly reminder to watch Lost every week.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Definitely all solar

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information