Feedback for the new Tiktox owners
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Feedback for the new Tiktox owners

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member benjizaxandthealienprince's Avatar

Feedback for the new Tiktox owners

I never bought anything from TikTox before the site was under new management, but Iíve had bad service with the one purchase/return I made.
    Ordered a matte bezel/strap and was sent out a glossy set, something I since noticed wasnít even available as an option on the website.
    Called up as stated on the website when regarding returns, looking towards a replacement or refund if none were available.
    Was emailed in regards to replacement once returned item had arrived back to the seller, none available so refund requested. Was told 2-3 days for refund.
    2 weeks later and still not refund for item so escalated via paypal, still no reply from seller.
    In the same space of time Iíve made 2 purchases via an eBay seller, both items received (from the other side of world to the UK) within 5 days.
    Maybe itís teething problems due to the change of hands but personally Iíve found better level of service elsewhere for around the same cost of item.
    As an aside, Bought a couple of straps from another UK site, item arrived as stated within 2 working days.

Member benjizaxandthealienprince's Avatar

Re: Tiktox website down

Just so it doesn't look like I'm trying to steal trade from one to another (I thought the previous post might read as much):
    Name:  Tiktox from sale.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  287.0 KBAttachment 12579011

I think 5 days is long enough for at least a response.

Quote Originally Posted by benjizaxandthealienprince View Post
    I never bought anything from TikTox before the site was under new management, but Iíve had bad service with the one purchase/return I made.
    Ordered a matte bezel/strap and was sent out a glossy set, something I since noticed wasnít even available as an option on the website.
    Called up as stated on the website when regarding returns, looking towards a replacement or refund if none were available.
    Was emailed in regards to replacement once returned item had arrived back to the seller, none available so refund requested. Was told 2-3 days for refund.
    2 weeks later and still not refund for item so escalated via paypal, still no reply from seller.
    In the same space of time Iíve made 2 purchases via an eBay seller, both items received (from the other side of world to the UK) within 5 days.
    Maybe itís teething problems due to the change of hands but personally Iíve found better level of service elsewhere for around the same cost of item.
    As an aside, Bought a couple of straps from another UK site, item arrived as stated within 2 working days.
    Bear in mind that what makes a one man business potentially special is the one man. Keith was that man - he knew his business like no other and devoted his days to it.

Errors will be made by whoever takes over - such as sending out matt when you request glossy - or vice versa - or responding to returned goods and other issues.

I myself have spent 20 years building a watch spares service - I accept that when I die, my business will die with me. Which is why I have substantial life insurance in place as I would not want my wife/son to have the headache of figuring out how to take over, dealing with my suppliers etc. There is a system in place to close the whole thing down - fill all outstanding orders. However - I do expect to live at least another 40 years.

I am certain that Keith looked forward to spending time with the new owner - showing the ropes etc - but it seems he died before the business was sold.

As a footnote- I ordered 2 straps from Tiktox last week, Thursday - will be interesting to see when they arrive. I already emailed asking if they can be sent quickly but heard nothing back.
    lvt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by benjizaxandthealienprince View Post
    Just so it doesn't look like I'm trying to steal trade from one to another (I thought the previous post might read as much):
    Name:  Tiktox from sale.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  287.0 KBAttachment 12579011

I think 5 days is long enough for at least a response.
    What concerns me about your paypal screenshot is that Keith has passed away - and his Paypal account is being used to take orders.
    If I were you I would escalate the dispute and get a refund before Paypal learn Keith has died and get your money back.

Just following up from my last post - I checked my paypal payment to Tiktox and it has been taken by another account holder - this is a different account from the one normally used by Keith in the past which is what I would expect.

No sign of my order yet though placed last wednesday (today is monday)

Re: Feedback for the new Tiktox owners

I've moved this tangent and made it a thread of its own...it was not appropriate as part of a sympathy thread.
    lvt, Queen6, jzoo and 4 others like this.

Still no sign of my order from Tiktox. 8 days and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by seiko-guy View Post
    That's really odd, my last 2 x orders both arrived (UK) in 2 days as normal...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by seiko-guy View Post
    Yeah, same here.

I'm sure they're just sorting their left from their right. It'll be a nice surprise when the 350 turns up.

Sent from Hertford or London, UK.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    That's really odd, my last 2 x orders both arrived (UK) in 2 days as normal...
    when did you order?

it's not that odd really - it may be that Tiktox owner cant find my items - or is out of stock - why he doesn't inform me though is odd. anyway I have had to order elsewhere and I am going to start a dispute.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information