Finally Back Online!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WillyLix

Thread: Finally Back Online!

Finally Back Online!

Gents:

It's good to be back online and settled again after 4 days of power outage from Hurricane Isaac. Lost power on Tuesday and had to run off generators for 4 days. Spent most of the down time outside doing what little work i could around my house and the rest of my family that all live within a 4 block area. I can't exactly pinpoint my reasoning, but i think it had to do with the fact that i had no power and spent a lot more time outside. i kept this guy on my wrist at all times. (Sorry for the crappy phone pic.)

i have often thought to myself that i just don't use the timer function as much as i should and sometimes felt i had no use for it at all. Well let me tell you it came in handy during this experience. Fill the generator and set the timer to remember when i had to be back to refill it! I am just thankfull i was merely inconvenienced for a few days without power as compared to Katrina that took everything i owned. It's great to be back semi-normal again!

Re: Finally Back Online!

I'm glad you're back and more importantly, safe! :)
    G-Shocks Are Cool. likes this.

Good to hear! Hope you guys get everything back to normal soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wellcome back

Last edited by HOZAYEM; September 3rd, 2012 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    I'm glad you're back and more importantly, safe! :)
    What he said.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Yep, I know what you mean. You never know what will come in handy when you need it. I bought my Casio Riseman in 2010, and have been in a few Northeasters which are basically snowstorms, and Hurricane Irene since I owned the Casio Riseman. One of my favorite features on the Casio Riseman is the barometer, so I bought a hand held barometer that doesn't use a battery, just oil. It also came with a kit that has a small button thermometer and button compass which is basically what is in a ABC watch too. $20 well spent. The way I see it. I might as well buy a new watch every 2 or 3 years if I can get a pretty decent watch for $30 right now. The cheapest Casio Pathfinder is $30 with a vibrating alarm, audible alarm, moon phase, sunrise and sunset times on it, and an average 5 year battery. At that price, I can get one every 3 years as a my regular go to watch. And, if I put my hand held barometer with the button temperature and button compass in my pocket. I will have basically one of the most expensive Casio Pathfinders for $300 for $50.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; September 3rd, 2012 at 08:07.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Glad your back!
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Glad you're back and safe. I had to run off generator for the same storm myself but for 30 hours not as long ad you.

Thread Information