Finally: decided my 1st G SHock

Thread: Finally: decided my 1st G SHock

Finally: decided my 1st G SHock

Hi All,

After all sugestion from this forum, I went to the local store, and once again, I'm trying all suggested model plus what I found interesting which is DW5600E, madman, giez, prg110, riseman.... and out of those, the one comfortably sit on my small wrist is the prg110, riseman and giez, as the 5600 and madman strap shoulder makes it to wide for my wrist. than out of those, I'm leaning on prg110 as it is more formal looks and nice feature.

Now another one that the shop owner show me that he forget that he has that before is the DW5600RC with Camo strap... looks interesting with negative display and with those strap, I can always put nato in there and make this 5600 sit very comfortably on my wrist....

My initial plan was prg 110 than this 5600 show up... the shop owner suggested me for the prg 110 but this 5600... I can't avoid of look at it... then went for dinner, and think which one should i get first...as my first intro to G's world.... than my heart just said... 5600.... than my brain start thinking, why i'm more interested on those eventhough prg110 looks much better.... than I found the answer on my way back to the store...
    1. I rarely seen this one in any local store. most common is with rubber band. PRG... i can always get this one in the future if I want one. 5600 is classic yet at least I haven't seen often the 5600RC....
    2. at this stage, I need only the watch that being rugged....and comfortable. of course more feature is a plus, but might not use it so often.
    3. much cheaper than prg.....
    4. I can use nato strap on it, and really comfortable.

Than I'm sold to this one, bought it, now it is lying in front of me while I'm typing this. Sometime just wondering that G Shock has lots of limited edition model, is this 5600RC is one of them?
    What the different between this and other 5600?

Thank you all for your sugestion....

Re: Finally: decided my 1st G SHock

good story, and i agree with your reasoning. here is some information i found on the rc. yes, it was a limited edition, with the distinctive face and band. i think this is the kind of model that can be tough to find online, and one really has to 'chance' finding it in the dusty dark corners of local shops.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thanks for the information. I think from the website, it is produced in 2005?
    Anyway, if this is one of the good find, I feel very lucky today.....especially after some discount since it seems do not sold well (at least I can still find one).... anyway, it relaxed me abit on this purchase and now I have a reason to tell to my girlfriend why I bought this one... where actualy she asked me to get rid some of my collection geezzzz... anyway.... I'm happy... :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch. Enjoy it.

Hi, its 'Mudman' & not 'Madman'. Lol. Anyways, enjoy your 5600

Quote Originally Posted by wrcfan View Post
    Hi, its 'Mudman' & not 'Madman'. Lol.
    It could very well be called the "Madman" because a lot of G-Shockers seem to go mad over it.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    It could very well be called the "Madman" because a lot of G-Shockers seem to go mad over it.
    Lol..... maybe it should refer to me.... the new madman on G's.... love to wear it on Nato. now eying on protrek....or riseman... OMG.....

Congratulations on your first G. It won't be your last...

Congratulations & Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for sharing your story, you chose a very nice model.

Enjoy your first G-Shock!

Cheers...

Thread Information