Finally found a DW5600C in excellent condition!

Thread: Finally found a DW5600C in excellent condition!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally found a DW5600C in excellent condition!

After two failures in securing a DW-5600C in good condition Frankly I had lost faith in many Ebay listings afterwards. Surprisingly one popped up on Ebay right before I went to bed at 2:00 AM in the morning one day, and I didn't think twice and bought it. This time the seller was so much more responsive and nicer, and the 5600C he listed was described as in mint condition. I immediately asked him about the bezel screws and he said all 4 screws were intact. This 5600C I just got has the Japan H module 901.

10 days after the auction my 5600C arrived at my mail box, and when I opened the package I was very impressed. First of all the entire watch looked like it just came out from the factory. The mineral crystal was spotless!!! The bezel was new as the seller was also kind enough to send the original (slightly worn) bezel to me. The strap had a few scratches but this is no problem as I could also order a spare one online. The screw back case was scratch-free. All the buttons functioned properly, and they were not stiff! Finally, the light shrined bright and I think the alarm worked perfectly too.

Several differences I immediately noticed were first the watch was significantly heavier than the 5600E. The 5600C was a lot thicker as it had a screwback rather than the 4 screw flatplate back found on the E version. Also the module seemed to be a bit clearer and more crisp than the 5600E so it might be easier to read in some conditions.

Overall, I am glad to have finally found a 5600C in excellent condition. The 5600C for me is the holy grail of the G-Shocks. I am satisified for now, and I will probably buy a spare bezel and strap for it. Meanwhile, the 5600C will remain as a collector's item and I will only bring it out when the weather is fair. The 5600E will remain to be my daily watch. Not sure about the Japan A 691 module 5600C I bought earlier, but if it can be fixed I will do so in the future. But two broken bezel screws is no easy fix... Last picture is my 691 Japan A module 5600C.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by senna89wc12; September 2nd, 2009 at 02:19.

Re: Finally found a DW5600C in excellent condition!

That is simply beautiful, perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    That is simply beautiful, perfect!
    Thank you! I am sure the previous owner took really good care of this watch (or he had never wore it much).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

congrats on the new 5600c, thats a real beauty, i just see some bubbles on the dial (maybe just the angle) on the 1st pic maybe the crystal is buffed to remove scratches, the heat while buffing contributes to the dial separation and causes bubbles, nonetheless its just aesthetics it doesnt affect how the watch operates... make sure to check the o-ring gasket if it is still ok before washing the dishes or if you are goin to swim with it, congrats again on the new find...
    Last edited by firefoxzilla; September 2nd, 2009 at 02:59.
    Casio G-shock DW-5600C-1V
    Casio G-shock DW-5600C-9V
    Casio G-shock DW-5600MS-1DR
    Casio G-shock MTG-M900DA-8CR
    Hamilton Pilot Day Date Automatic H64615135
    Timex Expedition Field Chronograph T499059J

Awesome. It's always a great satisfaction to find a grail. I don't think many people thought these would end up being collectible 15-10 years ago, so there's probably not too many of these old ones in mint condition now.

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxzilla View Post
    congrats on the new 5600c, thats a real beauty, i just see some bubbles on the dial (maybe just the angle) on the 1st pic maybe the crystal is buffed to remove scratches, the heat while buffing contributes to the dial separation and causes bubbles, nonetheless its just aesthetics it doesnt affect how the watch operates... make sure to check the o-ring gasket if it is still ok before washing the dishes or if you are goin to swim with it, congrats again on the new find...
    Thank you. It's probably the angle of my picture. I have inspected the crystal and there is not a single scratch on it. I have my DW5600E as a daily watch so the 5600C will not subject to any water or anything harmful to it. It's hard to find one in this condition so I am not taking any risks. I know G-Shock can take any abuse, but for the 5600C I am taking it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Awesome. It's always a great satisfaction to find a grail. I don't think many people thought these would end up being collectible 15-10 years ago, so there's probably not too many of these old ones in mint condition now.
    Thank you Riley. I got this at a reasonable price and most satisfying is that it is in near mint condition. I was surprised when I found it. Glad that I stayed up until 2:00 AM searching on Ebay. At that time I was searching for the solution on how to remove those two broken screws on my other 5600C, but I ended up with this amazing watch at the end.

Congrats. Beautiful watch indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
    Congrats. Beautiful watch indeed.
    Thanks!

Great find!
    I've been on the look out for one of these myself, how much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information