Finally going to restore my DW5700 this year. Is this bezel package a rip off?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ard
  • 1 Post By sodamonkey

Thread: Finally going to restore my DW5700 this year. Is this bezel package a rip off?

Finally going to restore my DW5700 this year. Is this bezel package a rip off?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CAS...cAAOSwL7VWlirA

Last year I restored my Hero to perfect order, now it's 5700s turn. Ebay seems to not have any bezel only listings available. While I do need a strap as well... what do you all think of the listed asking price? Thanks

You can at least get the band from pacparts for significantly less, no? https://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?m...de=auto&back=0

Also there's options on yahoo Japan (I use buyee.jp) maybe something there will work out for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ard

Re: Finally going to restore my DW5700 this year. Is this bezel package a rip off?

I have a 1984 DW5200 C that I bought new in 84. In 2009 I wanted to preplace my parts due to deterioration and can tall you the sellers who have genuine Casio NOS parts set the prices high. You either pay or order from Brazil, I cheaped out and bought the Brazilian parts.
    blondygirl69 likes this.

Re: Finally going to restore my DW5700 this year. Is this bezel package a rip off?

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Atomic View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CAS...cAAOSwL7VWlirA

Last year I restored my Hero to perfect order, now it's 5700s turn. Ebay seems to not have any bezel only listings available. While I do need a strap as well... what do you all think of the listed asking price? Thanks
    Way too much, they're just homing in on the fact that it's all original and scarce. I personally wouldn't consider paying that sort of price, more than the watch is worth!!

The original, genuine straps should still available on ebay, I got one for my Hero 1-2 years ago from a UK seller.

Unfortunately you're kind of stuck though as I'm not sure if any of the Brazilian sellers of G bezels sell for the 5700?
    blondygirl69 likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Thread Information