Finally got my hands on "THE KING" - GX-56

Thread: Finally got my hands on "THE KING" - GX-56

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Finally got my hands on "THE KING" - GX-56

For the last 2 weekends I've been visiting every "Bay" location in the city in hopes of stumbling upon one of these beasts. This morning I finally broke down and called Casio Canada to place an order for one only to be told that isn't in stock. Just before hanging up the phone, the lady mentioned that the Bay had purchased a handful of these beasts and should be on display soon.

I frantically called the first location that came to mind and was lucky enough to have a very helpful sales associate look through her inventory for me, 5 minutes later she picks up the phone and utters "my goodness, is this thing ever huge". Once I heard those words, I knew she had the right piece in her hands lol. She mentioned that they had received it last night and that it had not even been put on display yet. I was surprised she took the time to look through the undisplayed inventory.

I drove over during my lunch break to pick up the monster. Pics did little to prepare me for the sheer size of this beast. The build quality is top notch and worthy of being called "THE KING". I'll post pics this weekend.

I apologize for the essay like post but I am just super excited:)
    Last edited by G-Shock; September 17th, 2010 at 02:24.

Re: Finally got my hands on "THE KING" - GX-56

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock View Post
    For the last 2 weekends I've been visiting every "Bay" location in the city in hopes of stumbling upon one of these beasts. This morning I finally broke down and called Casio Canada to place an order for one only to be told that isn't in stock. Just before hanging up the phone, the lady mentioned that the Bay had purchased a handful of these beasts and should be on display soon.

I frantically called the first location to come to mind and was lucky enough to have a very helpful sales associate look through her inventory for me, 5 minutes later she picks up the phone and utters "my goodness, is this thing ever huge". Once I heard those words, I knew she had the right piece in her hands lol. She mentioned that they had received it last night and that it had not even been put on display yet. I was surprised she took the time to look through the undisplayed inventory.

I drove over during my lunch break to pick up the monster. Pics did little to prepare me for the sheer size of this beast. The build quality is top notch and worthy of being called "THE KING". I'll post pics this weekend.

No picture? No proof! You do not have one...Everyone know the pic rule. Congrats if you really do have one...
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Don't feel bad, G-Shock! We say that to each other a lot. It IS the rule. No pics, it doesn't exist!

--Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it's worth the wait mate! congrats!

Congrats g-shock!

What bay store was it?

Did they have any more?

What color did you get?

I am Mississauga and have been looking everywhere for a king.

Thanks,

Cam

dex

congrats on the pick up. If you dont mind me asking, what price is the bay charging?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock View Post

I frantically called the first location that came to mind and was lucky enough to have a very helpful sales associate look through her inventory for me, 5 minutes later she picks up the phone and utters "my goodness, is this thing ever huge". Once I heard those words, I knew she had the right piece in her hands lol. She mentioned that they had received it last night and that it had not even been put on display yet. I was surprised she took the time to look through the undisplayed inventory.

I'm going to get a King because of all these posts
    DW-9900-1B "JDM" Frogman Titanium
    GW-7900B G-Rescue series
    GW-7900RD-4 "Men in Burning Red"!!!!
    GX56-1A "The King"
    G-9300- Finally a mudman with extra features
    RIP G2300B-1-- missing this watch.

Hamilton 956 17 Jewels pocket watch

Want-----
    Too many to list no thanks to this site LOL, but at the top of the list, the Grand Daddy MRG-8000G

It was The Bay(Yorkdale). They only had the one I purchased(black version). $179.99.
    Quick blackberry pic of the beast on my puny 6.25" inch wrist!
    Last edited by G-Shock; September 17th, 2010 at 05:01.

Just a heads up all Toronto guys. I just went to Livestock on Spadina and they had some there.

Happy hunting.

I was just there.

I asked them if they had any in stock and she said that there was nothing like that.

It's real hit and miss with these things. I am glad you got someone with their head on straight and got your contraband.

I am going to try square one tomorrow morning. I was there yesterday and they had nothing but a fake bape that someone did the bait and switch with.

Get some pics up!

Cam

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information