"Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

Thread: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Member BREAKWATER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,962

    "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    No SLR, Nothing special really, its just a DSC-W290 Sony Digital Still Camera. But compared to the old crummy Sanyo I have been suffering with, this thing is amazing! And at just over 200 bucks, a blessing! Bang for the buck, seeing how I am no pro photographer, I am very happy with it. It has a 3 inch LCD screen and is ISO High Sensitivity rated at 3200, my old Sanyo, was only rated at 400. I fiddled with it for a few minutes and snapped a few shots of the misses jumping around to make sure the motion shots weren't blurry and good to go, nice and steady!! I will be posting up some fresh pics in the morning becuase the battery has to charge, heres a few quick pics of the camera itself!


    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NW USA
    Posts
    2,973

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    congratulations break! i think this will call for a new collection 'family portrait' once you're charged up.

    about a year ago, i did the same thing. realized i needed to replace my woefully outdated 1 megapixel canon, and debated getting a dslr. but i ended up with a new ~$200 canon point and shoot, and it's really been just dandy for taking ebay and forum pictures. the only downside is lowlight handheld shooting gets really either grainy or blurry. most of the pictures i've posted here have been from a tripod on iso 80.

    have fun.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

    *SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    18

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Congratulations on the new camera, it looks good. I love the size of the lcd screen.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member BREAKWATER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Thanks, i'm really lookin forward to shootin with it! Yes, the 3 inch LCD is nice, my old one had a 2 inch and very poor picture quality, you couldn't even flinch when you snapped a pic, or it would blurr up.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

  6. #5
    Member kiwidj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ~TYO~
    Posts
    37,143

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Nice cam, mate. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.




  7. #6
    DavidSeattleWA
    Guest

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    I'm in the market for a new point and shoot. I've heard the Sony Cybershot is a pretty dependable choice. How's the video quality? Have you tested it out?
    Last edited by DavidSeattleWA; October 4th, 2009 at 04:25.

  8. #7
    Member BREAKWATER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSeattleWA View Post
    I'm in the market for a new point and shoot. I've heard the Sony Cybershot is a pretty dependable choice. How's the video quality? Have you tested it out?
    As soon as my battery gets a full charge, I will definately find out and let you know!
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

  9. #8
    DavidSeattleWA
    Guest

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    As soon as my battery gets a full charge, I will definately find out and let you know!

    Cool, thanks! I've been reading a few reviews and it doesn't sound like you can zoom in while shooting video. Probably not that big of a deal. although it is a nice feature.

    Pretty easy to navigate through the menus? User-friendly?

  10. #9
    Member Joakim Agren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSeattleWA View Post
    Cool, thanks! I've been reading a few reviews and it doesn't sound like you can zoom in while shooting video. Probably not that big of a deal. although it is a nice feature.

    Pretty easy to navigate through the menus? User-friendly?
    Most digital cameras can't zoom during filming. Atleast not authentic optical zoom, only fake digital zoom which means the picture turns blurry and smeary during zooming so not recommended. Some cameras that can zoom cuts off the sound during zooming during filming so thats really bad.

    My search into this showed that most cameras are flawed in this, most can't zoom during filming. I only found one that appears to be close to perfect and that is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 thats a digital pocket zoom camera that is medium sized. But thats more of a $500 camera. This 10 Mpixel 12X Zoom camera has HD filming with stereo sound and zooming capability during filming.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142


  11. #10
    Member CeeJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    680

    Re: "Finally, Got a New Camera!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Most digital cameras can't zoom during filming. Atleast not authentic optical zoom, only fake digital zoom which means the picture turns blurry and smeary during zooming so not recommended. Some cameras that can zoom cuts off the sound during zooming during filming so thats really bad.

    My search into this showed that most cameras are flawed in this, most can't zoom during filming. I only found one that appears to be close to perfect and that is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 thats a digital pocket zoom camera that is medium sized. But thats more of a $500 camera. This 10 Mpixel 12X Zoom camera has HD filming with stereo sound and zooming capability during filming.
    I just picked up this Fuji S1500 last week and it zooms during video. Just tried it and the sound even worked although I could also hear the camera zooming.


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •