Finally mastered calculating lunitidal Interval for two incoming Gs. Ahh
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Finally mastered calculating lunitidal Interval for two incoming Gs. Ahh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finally mastered calculating lunitidal Interval for two incoming Gs. Ahh

Now I'm ready. It took me all damn evening to do it, but I finally am convinced that I have the right number for my lunitidal interval for my 7900 coming in tomorrow and a GLX5600 that is making its way here at a more leisurely pace. Seattle and Los Angeles just didn't seem similar enough for the their numbers to work for the beaches closest to Portland and their numbers differ by a good margin anyway. In my quest I finally found two websites that will actually identify the cities along the Oregon coast that don't make the cut for most major sites that provide tide calendars and and moon intervals. As a bonus I actually even spent part of the evening learning how to calculate lunitidal intervals from some dude from what I imagine must be Scotland on YouTube with a pretty pronounced accent. If anyone else needs the links, give me a shout.
    Azfar_J likes this.

Re: Finally mastered calculating lunitidal Interval for two incoming Gs. Ahh

I'd like the link please.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy_Does_It View Post
    I'd like the link please.
    Here ya go:

The gist is that if you want to get more specific than just the big cities in the manual, you need to find the lunar meridian (also called "transit time" and less often "up moon") and then find the time of the next high tide that follows. Subtract the difference and that is your lunitidal interval.

For finding the lunar meridian in smaller cities: Complete Sun and Moon Data for One Day
    For finding the tide calendar for your smaller cities (pretty cool site with all sorts of data and visuals on tides): TIDES 4 FISHING 2015 | Tides times, tide table & solunar charts <º(((><

And if you want to learn to calculate it by hand from just moonrise, moonset and high tide, this gentleman did a nice job with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGYihMjoBLA

Hope this saves you some time!
    Last edited by Technium; May 23rd, 2015 at 10:19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy_Does_It View Post
    Thank you, sir.
    Certainly. Just saw that the third link was incorrect. I've replaced it with your UK instructor from YouTube. Let us know how it goes.

Will do. Thanks again.

Wow, I gotta say, one week out my tide graphs are very close to right on the money with this tide calculation site I mentioned above. I expected my Gs to be in the ballpark, but not this close.
    d2mac likes this.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The algorithm will work just fine, the only uncertain Thing is the wind and storm influence which cannot be forecast by Casio engineeers. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Technium View Post
    Wow, I gotta say, one week out my tide graphs are very close to right on the money with this tide calculation site I mentioned above. I expected my Gs to be in the ballpark, but not this close.

If Casio hired Laplace's Demon, some would say they would be able to account for those as well.

thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information