Finding a Replacement Module for Mr. G?

Thread: Finding a Replacement Module for Mr. G?

Finding a Replacement Module for Mr. G?

I would like to acquire a replacement module for my Mr. G 100T watch so that I can replace the original module if it ever quits working. The module is a 1559 although the site where I found the photograph indicates a 1569 (on the photograph of the back of the watch it appears to be 1559).

The module is very simple and does not appear to be anything special that would have been created just for the Mr. G. I am hoping that the same module might have been used in a relatively inexpensive G-Shock, and that I could acquire the module by buying the inexpensive watch. Otherwise, when my "cheap" module dies, my rather expensive watch become worthless. Since it is a Japan only watch, getting a replacement may be more difficult?

I did the same thing for my Sinn quartz watch. My watchmaker was able to purchase an identical quartz movement for about $35.00. Thus, when the original movement dies, I can replace it with the brand new movement for almost nothing - thus saving my rather expensive Sinn quartz watch.

Here is a link for the Mr. G 100T - my watch is found at the bottom.

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/CasioTable.htm

Does anyone recognize the display as being identical to the display of a plain jane cheap G Shock from the same period?

Thanks for looking.

J Smith

Re: Finding a Replacement Module for Mr. G?

I can't answer your question without embarking upon some research. Have you tried Googling the module number?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I have "Googled" both the model number and the module number. The only watch that appears associated with that module number is the Mr. G 100T. Since I was looking for a cheaper watch with the same module to buy, that does not do me much good.

I suspect I am on a wild goose chase, but I though I would at least ask in this forum.

Thanks.

J Smith

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

I have a watch which I picked up recently with a similar module; 1556 - MRG-1. I got it off Yahoo Auctions. You're best bet is to keep an eye out for it there and you might get lucky.

Thread Information