Fireman G
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fireman G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fireman G

Every other firefighter I know wears a G. I rock a Golden King. A lot of guys sport a Rescue, or 9600. I was thinking, they should make a G for firemen. I think cool features would me a time marker.. Meaning you click a button and it saves the time. That way after a call you can look back and see call times and arrival times. A thermometer would be cool. Maybe atomic and solar. Stopwatch. Red backlight so when you're in the front of the rig you don't blind traffic ( plus it would be cool), big buttons so you can press the, with a glove on. And low profile so it doesn't catch on my bunker coat.

I love my golden king but beside not having most of these feature is the annoying part that it snags on my coat.

somebody build this watch for me LOL
    arogle1stus likes this.

Re: Fireman G

Ps sorry for the typos, my phone sucks lol

Yup. It is called Rangeman:)
    Almost evrything that you asked for. IT IS in King price range. Best G-SHock price and futures wise.
    Last edited by FJay Iceberg White; December 15th, 2014 at 00:30.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  IMG_8722-2-1000.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  260.7 KB
    Knives and Lint likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Every other firefighter I know wears a G. I rock a Golden King. A lot of guys sport a Rescue, or 9600. I was thinking, they should make a G for firemen. I think cool features would me a time marker.. Meaning you click a button and it saves the time. That way after a call you can look back and see call times and arrival times. A thermometer would be cool. Maybe atomic and solar. Stopwatch. Red backlight so when you're in the front of the rig you don't blind traffic ( plus it would be cool), big buttons so you can press the, with a glove on. And low profile so it doesn't catch on my bunker coat.

I love my golden king but beside not having most of these feature is the annoying part that it snags on my coat.

somebody build this watch for me LOL
    As far as the time marker feature goes, Casio calls it the time recorder, and there are some models that use this feature. To name a few:

MTG900DA-8V

Name:  mtg900da-8v_xlarge.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  28.3 KB

GW530A-1V

Name:  gw530a-1v_xlarge.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  31.2 KB

GW500A-1V

Name:  gw500a-1v_xlarge.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  30.2 KB

A specific series for fireman/rescue personnel would look cool though....
    Last edited by Schwizzle; December 15th, 2014 at 01:20.
    Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster"; Deep Blue Protac 1k; Deep Blue DayNight T25; Traser P5900
    G-Shocks: G5600GR ; G5600CC ; G7900A-7 ; MTGM900 ; MTG910DA ; GW2500B ; MTGM530 ; G7900-2DR; GW6900A ; G7900MS ; GLX 5600

I think cool features would me a time marker.. Meaning you click a button and it saves the time. That way after a call you can look back and see call times and arrival times.
    Casio has put this on a few older G-Shock models, that are still out there on shelves at a discount. Called the "Time Memo" feature, it does exactly what you mention: press a button and it saves the date and time in memory, and it can hold 25 of those. I've said before that it would be perfect for people in that line of work, or for anybody who has to fill out a detailed time sheet.

It was on the old MTG-900 and GW-500 series of watches -- the newer MTG-M900 and GWM-500 have countdown timers instead -- and those ARE all solar/atomic models!

A thermometer would be cool.
    Maybe but not really -- unless you want to know your SKIN temperature inside your turnout coat. Most G-Shocks and Pathfinders with thermometers need to be removed from the wrist and left to sit for 15-30 minutes before they give an accurate reading, which makes it a neat but not terribly functional feature.

Edit: five minutes late, but as Schwizzle said, the OLD versions of those have the Time Memo feature. The "new" version was just released in 2013, but there are plenty of the old ones out there on store shelves and on the internet, often discounted because it's the older model. If you can see the watch in person, the old ones say "Waveceptor" at the top of the glass and "Time Memo" and "Receive" on the bezel; the new ones say "Multiband 6" on the glass and "Reverse" and "Forward" on the bezel.
    Last edited by Mike K; December 15th, 2014 at 01:10.
    Schwizzle and watch_geek2014 like this.

I seem to remember casio announcing they were developing a G for extreme high temperatures, and another G for extreme low temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Casio has put this on a few older G-Shock models, that are still out there on shelves at a discount. Called the "Time Memo" feature, it does exactly what you mention: press a button and it saves the date and time in memory, and it can hold 25 of those. I've said before that it would be perfect for people in that line of work, or for anybody who has to fill out a detailed time sheet.

It was on the old MTG-900 and GW-500 series of watches -- the newer MTG-M900 and GWM-500 have countdown timers instead -- and those ARE all solar/atomic models!
    Like Mike said only the older MTG-900 and GW-500 series have the time memo function. These may be hard to find, but still available, especially in the used market. Some of the current ABC (Altimeter/Barometer/Compass) sensor watches also have this function, such as the GW9400 and PRG270. Those can record multiple records for date/time or sensor readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrbamby09 View Post
    I seem to remember casio announcing they were developing a G for extreme high temperatures, and another G for extreme low temperatures.
    I remember this as well. I believe I heard about these watches during the 30th Anniversary press conference. Don't think I've heard much since.

Sounds to me like you need the RED Rangeman! May not meet 'all' of your wants in a watch, but it should meet many of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information