First of all I would like to express my sympathy towards the "ill fortune" that Japan has felt.

Thread: First of all I would like to express my sympathy towards the "ill fortune" that Japan has felt.

First of all I would like to express my sympathy towards the "ill fortune" that Japan has felt.

I hope and pray that the persons that have endured the unthinkable over the last few days in Japan are guided by the higher spirit to allow them to survive and heal through such an ordeal.

I have for some time now been looking at several models of the G-shock's and have narrowed it down to the new Atomic Frogman. To me this is a functional work of art and I'm head over heals about it.

Now comes the time to purchase one and I still have to decide between 2 versions of it. But a question comes to mind, with all of the destruction and total chaos that has happened over in beautiful Japan will it be possible to order one, I mean one can only get one right now by a oversea order, right?

If there is anyone that knows would you please post to let me know, I really would dislike having funds tied up only to find out that shipping can't be carryied out.

And again, from the bottom of my heart, I can't even imagine the pain and suffering that the people of Japan are going through right now, they will be in my prayers.

Re: First of all I would like to express my sympathy towards the "ill fortune" that Japan has felt.

This is the latest message from FromJapan bidding/proxy service:

"Due to the earthquake, we still stop shipping service temporarily. But bidding and shopping system will still work as usual. The items that are planned to ship out today will be shipped out tomorrow. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected], but you might not be able to get the reply soon."

So it seems that from tomorrow Monday shipping service will resume it seems.

So ordering from Japan is still possible!

But the standard GWF-1000-1 and the Burning Red GWF-1000RD-4 can also be found in the US. The Burning Red retails for $750 in the US, so its a little bit cheaper then in Japan where it retails for $900 or so.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Re: First of all I would like to express my sympathy towards the "ill fortune" that Japan has felt.

I would get in touch with any Japanese vendor from whom you want to buy something and ask them directly. They might not answer, or they might really appreciate your business.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    I would get in touch with any Japanese vendor from whom you want to buy something and ask them directly. They might not answer, or they might really appreciate your business.
    All Japanese vendors are affected by this, since its the Postal Services and Air Port that was shut down. But they will resume tomorrow it is said.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thank You for your feedback.

I was in the process of ordering from Chino Watch as it happened. I have been in touch and they are ok. Orders will be delayed, but certainly not for long, and compared to what they are going through right now, a little extra wait for me is nothing. I'm happy to be able to give my business to them and each time I look at my new g I will spare a moment to remember those who were effected by the tragedy.

Thanks for the info.

thank you for the feedback.

Yes indeed, a lot of people are effected by this unthinkable event. "Never say never" is what my Father used to tell me. I pray that the people of Japan will heal soon from thier pain and losses.

I'm in the same boat, was planning to order a JDM Casio Oceanus this week. I've contacted the shop to see if they are going to be accepting orders for shipment to the US.

Thread Information