The first Frogman I've seen (ever) in the wild...
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The first Frogman I've seen (ever) in the wild...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The first Frogman I've seen (ever) in the wild...

So it may be hard to believe - but with all the (rare) G-Shocks I have, I have never seen or held a Frogman... My wife and I went to Sea World Discovery Cove last Sunday - where you swim with dolphins and snorkel with a TON of marine life. An employee walked past me and I saw an un-mistakable I.C.E.R.C. Frogman. I quickly spotted it and he walked past me pretty quickly before I had a chance to say something. I asked my wife "did you see his watch?!" shes like "no" and said "don't you have one of those?" I said "no... not yet" ;)

It's pretty fitting to see an I.C.E.R.C. at a dolphin attraction.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my spotting. Now I need to get myself a Frogman grail!!!

-Tom

Re: The first Frogman I've seen (ever) in the wild...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2.0 View Post
    "don't you have one of those?"
    Hello Tom, that sound like a GREEN light to me. She think you have a frog then you must have a frog :)
    kurzjak likes this.

Cool! Any idea which model it was? What were the colors?

Whenever I see a G in the wild. I point and say "G-Shock" in a slightly louder volume than my normal speaking voice. I'm not even saying it to the owner or to the people I'm with in particular...I suppose its for my own amusement. This G-Shock obsession does weird things to me.
    Shocker and GShockMe like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G_Me View Post
    Whenever I see a G in the wild. I point and say "G-Shock" in a slightly louder volume than my normal speaking voice. I'm not even saying it to the owner or to the people I'm with in particular...I suppose its for my own amusement. This G-Shock obsession does weird things to me.
    I do the same thing! If nothing else, for my own amusement. But often they respond with a or something to that nature. Working at a mall, you see a lot of G's.

Wow, the exact opposite thing happened to me yesterday (to the point I almost thought this might have been me)

I took my girlfriend to the zoo on Monday and whilst checking out the Lemurs there was another guy wearing what looked like a GA-110, I didn't say anything because I try to tone down the inner geek in public but as I was walking away I heard behind me "Wow, that guy's wearing a Frog".

Which to be honest made my whole day, which I suppose goes to show just how easily pleased I really am. I've never seen another in person though, although I do like to keep an eye out.

Lol @ 'checking out the Lemurs'. I bet that was at West Midlands Safari Park?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostBear View Post
    Wow, the exact opposite thing happened to me yesterday (to the point I almost thought this might have been me)

I took my girlfriend to the zoo on Monday and whilst checking out the Lemurs there was another guy wearing what looked like a GA-110, I didn't say anything because I try to tone down the inner geek in public but as I was walking away I heard behind me "Wow, that guy's wearing a Frog".

Which to be honest made my whole day, which I suppose goes to show just how easily pleased I really am. I've never seen another in person though, although I do like to keep an eye out.
    I bet he was another WUS member!

Quote Originally Posted by psweeting View Post
    I bet that was at West Midlands Safari Park?
    Haha! It was indeed. Strange creatures Lemurs, creepy hands - like they could reach into your chest and steal your soul. Other than that it was a great day out, I do recommend it.

I do hope it was a WUS member, if it was -- Hello!

Very cool, but next time you need to try to get a "Caught in Public" wrist shot!! I've had a few random people comment on a Frog when I'm wearing one, but they don't know what it is. And besides pics on the computer and the ones I own, the only other Frog I've ever seen was a GF1000BP in a watch store on "sale" for $799!!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by G_Me View Post
    Whenever I see a G in the wild. I point and say "G-Shock" in a slightly louder volume than my normal speaking voice... .
    That is what my 2 year old daughter does whenever she sees someone wears a big black watch. I teach her well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information