First G Shock

Thread: First G Shock

First G Shock

I just received $70 for trading in a textbook to Amazon. I've been thinking about getting a G Shock for awhile, and now seems like the right time to pull the trigger, however I know nothing about them. What would be a good G Shock to get, assuming this will be the only digital watch I buy. The budget isn't $70, that's just a starting point, I'm willing to spend more or less if the watch is right.

Re: First G Shock

You came to the right place : )
    I would search the Net about G's. G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - Casio
    Learn the models and modules...
    And the size, color and 'looks' of ones you like.
    Have fun.

I REALLY REALLY love 5600s. I say it many times here already. Never get tired of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

what kind of features are you looking for? size of watch is important as well. with your lack of detail, id recommend ANY gshock :P
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

I really have no idea what I'm looking for. It'd be my watch for sports, so the ability to keep out dust and water is essential. Size wise I don't want anything massive. The watch I wear regularly is a Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor, so something around that size would be nice. Other than that everything else is just extra. I really know nothing about the subject of G Shocks so any ideas are appreciated.

As for the 5600, I'm not sure how I feel about that boxy look

some features that make some gshocks stand out from others are: dual timer, solar, atomic, stop watch, moonphase, tide meter, vibrating alarm, altimeter, barometer, temperature...just to name a few.
    there are also analog gshocks, or ana/digi combos.
    color is also important too
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

Welcome to the world of Gs. I'd go with the classic look - you can check out the GWM5600 model. If you like more functions, I highly recommend the Riseman GW-9200. Those two are popular favorite around these parts.

Good luck!

The GW(M)5600 is a great place to start. Tough solar (and multi band for the M models), classic 5600 style. Really nice watch for the price.

Amazon US sells the GW5600J-1 for less than $70, and the multi band version is sold by a couple sellers through Amazon for less than $100.

WallaceD

Thread Information