First G-Shock ebay purchase (Disappointed)
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: First G-Shock ebay purchase (Disappointed)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First G-Shock ebay purchase (Disappointed)

Just received my DW6600 from an ebay seller claimed to be new but looks like it was refurbished to me. There is some scuffs on the lens, I don't know if you can see but you can see some sort of grease around the display behind the lens. The only thing he mentioned is that the paint behind the lens was peeling due to age when I asked questions. The only thing that looks new are the straps and buckle. I emailed the seller about my concerns. Cost me about $100 shipped, am I over reacting?
    Here is his description

ENGLISH

CLOCK "CASIO"

MODEL "G-SHOCK"

CODE MODEL: DW-6600

JAPANESE MOVEMENT

CASE ROUND

CASE RESIN

STAINLESS STEEL

CASE DIAMETER: 4.8 cm

THICKNESS CASE: 1.6 cm

STRAP IN BLACK RUBBER ORIGINAL

WATER RESISTANT 200 mt

LIGHTING

QUARTZ

DIGITAL

WORKING

UNISEX

SPORTS

WATCH NEW

(PRESENTS SOME PAINT SLIGHTLY FADED CASE ETA 'CLOCK)

NEVER USED

2 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED

WITH ORIGINAL BOX
    Name:  14420410621431637664091.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  1.48 MB

Re: First G-Shock ebay purchase (Disappointed)

He's said it's "never used". Definitely false there, unless he means never used by him. Is that the "grease" to the right of the display, the yellow line?

Have you opened it up & removed the module to see what it is?
    darkknight478 likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Hi mate its been used before for sure, the case is banged up, id send it back, cheers
    ELCID86 and darkknight478 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That was advertised as new?? Sorry if you mentioned that in the other thread. Definitely been opened up before, and quite probably worn at some point judging by the bezel...

you should be dissapointed at the seller not the watch. Post the seller ebay to warn others.
    Last edited by casieko; September 12th, 2015 at 16:06.

The paint is chipped off the letters under the crystal. On that model, the paint is on the underside of the crystal, and the ONLY way that can happen is if someone opened the watch and tried to clean it out by rubbing something on the underside of the glass. On top of that, the bezel shows signs of wear. Not only is this watch not new, but it has been opened and tampered with. It is probably worth no more than $30. I would definitely get my money back if I were you
    ELCID86, idkfa and darkknight478 like this.

The paint is pilled of because the one who refurbished it, try the remove the fog that creates with the age between the glass and the little plastic right next to the glass inside, I've clean that on several gshocks including some 6600, it will be pretty difficult to remove it, and if you do not do it carefully that will happen, that's not a new watch, was restored, and a really bad restore process, get your money back, there are much better examples on the bay, way cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    The paint is chipped off the letters under the crystal. On that model, the paint is on the underside of the crystal, and the ONLY way that can happen is if someone opened the watch and tried to clean it out by rubbing something on the underside of the glass. On top of that, the bezel shows signs of wear. Not only is this watch not new, but it has been opened and tampered with. It is probably worth no more than $30. I would definitely get my money back if I were you
    That is exactly what I was about to say.

I paid about $25 each for four 6600s last year, all had intact paint except one. They all needed new resin and two needed new LCDs, but now they look brand new for about $50 each. It would be worth keeping if you paid less for it, you could always get a 6900 case (letter colours are not exactly the same though) and do a transplant. I wouldn't be happy with that for $100 though.

It is also entirely possible that the display has been tampered with. Most 6600s I have seen have the red 'G' printed on a small sheet of opaque film under LCD. You can just remove this and pass it off as a non-'G' model which seem to be more desirable. It only slightly affects the contrast of the digits against the background so it can be hard to spot.
    Last edited by idkfa; September 12th, 2015 at 18:01.

Thanks everyone for all this info, I am new to g-shock and sorry I can't answer your guys questions because I haven't opened a watch before. My first g-shock I bought is about 4 years ago and still looks better than this and I have worn it everyday, to work banging it around and to the beach, etc. Here is the sellers response I had. On the ebay page I could return but I have to pay for shipping, and I don't think it's worth sending back because I paid around $30 shipping from Italy to Hawaii. Did anyone have any experience like this? What is the best thing to do?

hi, I can tell you with absolute certainty that the product is new, because if not I would not have even put the guarantee. Unfortunately, as also explained in the description (if we wanted to cheat our customers we could omit it), the clock is 20 years old and is a remnant that we found in a box in our warehouse, so it has some side slightly worn . The strap and the box we were able to replace the original piece with the rest unfortunately for € 69.00 not, because the price is very obvious from the original.
    In the hope that she entrusts himself to our good faith, we extend our warmest greetings.
    If he needs some other explanation, we are always at his disposal.

The letters cannot flake off like that without someone touching it. It is sandwiched between the glass (where it is printed) and the interior bezel plastic. The module would have been removed, the plastic popped out, and the letters tampered with.

I'm not saying the seller themselves did it, but this watch does not show simple aging from storage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information